1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How do I know who is referring to me?

1. Aug 20, 2005 #1
    I just noticed on my profile, Referrals: 6 :surprised . Just a few days ago, it showed 4. I don't ever remember giving my PF ID to anyone, so how do I know who is referring to me?

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 21, 2005 #2

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I can't answer your question about knowing who referred you (I don't know if that's something logged for the admins to see), but I think someone else explained not long ago that when someone signs up, they can type in a username of someone who referred them instead of signing up by following the link with your ID number in it. If you don't know anyone who knows your username either, I guess it could be that someone liked what they saw in a post of yours and listed you as the person referring them without really knowing you otherwise.

4. Aug 21, 2005 #3
    It is me, I have been messing with your head a bit :smile:

5. Aug 21, 2005 #4

Lisa!

Gold Member

Do you have only one username here? :biggrin:

6. Aug 26, 2005 #5
    Thanks, Moonbear! I suppose this cleared some of my doubts.
    I should have known :rofl: .

7. Aug 31, 2005 #6
    Hello,
    I just recieved an email about this forum. I decided to check it out and went to registration and found I am already registered here. Is this forum directly connected to another forum I might already be registered to? Im not particularly or formally educated in math or science, but I am interested. V

8. Aug 31, 2005 #7

arildno

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

You made the following reply a few months back:
    https://www.physicsforums.com/showpost.php?p=538834&postcount=7

9. Aug 31, 2005 #8
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?