1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How do i make a flow meter

1. Nov 25, 2006 #1
    how do i make a flow meter, using whatever like resistors, capacitors, and make the flow meter go like 10 second per etc help need...i am in EE 2ll basic circuit engineerin? thanks
  2. jcsd
  3. Nov 25, 2006 #2

Science Advisor

If you wanted to do this without the electrical stuff it's even easier. However, since you are an EE major that would defeat the purpose I guess.

The easiest thing I can think of is to make a positive displacement flowmeter. That means that for every cycle of the meter's motion (piston or shaft rotating) the same amount of fluid is displaced. The only thing that changes is the speed at which it operates. From your end, the only thing you have to have is something to count frequency. You can do that with a mag pick up and notches on a shaft hooked to an o-scope.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?