Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How do i mark my question as solved?

1. Apr 20, 2010 #1
    hi

I had asked a doubt in the homework section. The doubt has been cleared. How do I mark it as solved? There was no such button in the thread tools menu.

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 20, 2010 #2

Evo

Staff: Mentor

You can just post that it's solved.

4. Apr 20, 2010 #3
    Didn't there used to be an option under `thread tools'?

5. Apr 20, 2010 #4

Evo

Yes,there was.

6. Apr 20, 2010 #5
    It's gone?

It's been a while since I posted homework problems.

7. Apr 20, 2010 #6

Evo

I still have the option, but I thought it had been removed for members in one of the upgrades, do you have it as an option?

8. Apr 20, 2010 #7

cristo

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

'Mark as solved' doesn't exist any more. The mentor method is to edit the thread title, which isn't available to other members.

9. Apr 20, 2010 #8
    Why was it removed? I always thought it was a useful feature. When I'm scanning the homework forums, it helps to narrow down the ones who still need help. (not everyone uses it, but a little is better than none)

10. Apr 20, 2010 #9

cristo

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

The forum software was upgraded a while back and this feature was not available on the new version. I think the staff all agree that it's a useful feature, but it just isn't possible to implement at this time (or, at least that's the last I heard from Greg about it).

11. Apr 20, 2010 #10
    Good to know.

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook