1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How do i move get rid of a fraction like this?

  1. Feb 2, 2005 #1
    Usually for question like 1/(e^x) I can get rid of the fraction by writing it as e^-x. FOr a question like (e^x+1)/e^x how do I do this? It simplifies down to e^-x+1 but I don't get how to do it.
  2. jcsd
  3. Feb 2, 2005 #2


    User Avatar
    Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member


    [tex]\frac{a+b}{c} = \frac{a}{c} + \frac{b}{c}[/tex]
  4. Feb 2, 2005 #3
    edit: dextercioboy: ooh true. sorry! :redface: o:)
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2005
  5. Feb 2, 2005 #4


    User Avatar
    Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

    You have a typo...And besides,the idea was to make him solve the exercise,not doing it for him... :grumpy:

  6. Feb 2, 2005 #5
    A direct answer to your exact question is (e^x + 1)*e^-x, just like your 1/e^x example. :smile: Don't forget the distributive property of multiplication over addition.
Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook