Are Binomial Coefficients and Fibonacci Numbers Related?

• Thread starter ramsey2879
  • Start date
In summary, the sum of following Binominal coefficients times corresponing Fibonacci numbers are in them selves terms from the Fibonnacci series.
ramsey2879
I posted a bit about the characteristic value of a Fibonacci series without proof but nowI wonder about whether it could be valid. A remarkable result of it applies to the binominal coefficients. The sum of following Binominal coefficients times corresponing Fibonacci numbers are in them selves terms from the Fibonnacci series. In other words, each of the following sums is a Fibonacci number. "(n,i)" is used her to represent the the binominal coefficients

A. [tex]\sum_{i=0}^{n}F_{i-1}(n,i)[/tex]

B. [tex]\sum_{i=0}^{n}F_{i-2}(n,i)[/tex]

For intance;
[tex]F_{-1}*1 + F_{0}* 3 + F_{1}*3 + F_{2}*1 = F_{5}[/tex]

[tex]F_{-2}*1 + F_{-1}*3 + F_{0}*3 + F_{1}*1 = F_{4}[/tex]

[tex]F_{-1}*1 + F_{0}*4 + F{1}*6 + F_{2}*4 + F_{3}*1 = F_{7}[/tex]

I could go on but that in it self does not prove the result.

Physics news on Phys.org
The only thing I can advise you is to check in Combinatorial Identities of John Riordan and another one by Henri Gould.

loop quantum gravity said:
The only thing I can advise you is to check in Combinatorial Identities of John Riordan and another one by Henri Gould.

Thanks but I thought of a proof by Induction
To Prove

[tex]F_{x+2n) = \sum_{i=0}^{n}F_{x+i}nCi[/tex]

It is easily verified for n=1

If true for any positive n then it is true for n+1

[tex]F_{(x+2*(n+1))} = F_{(x+2n)} + F_{(x+2n+1)}[/tex]

=[tex]\sum_{i=0}^{n}F_{x+i}nCi + F_{x+1+i}nCi[/tex]

Combining like F terms and using (n+1)Ci = nC(i-1)+nCi gives the required result

ramsey2879 said:
I posted a bit about the characteristic value of a Fibonacci series without proof but nowI wonder about whether it could be valid. A remarkable result of it applies to the binominal coefficients. The sum of following Binominal coefficients times corresponing Fibonacci numbers are in them selves terms from the Fibonnacci series. In other words, each of the following sums is a Fibonacci number. "(n,i)" is used her to represent the the binominal coefficients

A. [tex]\sum_{i=0}^{n}F_{i-1}(n,i)[/tex]

B. [tex]\sum_{i=0}^{n}F_{i-2}(n,i)[/tex]

For intance;
[tex]F_{-1}*1 + F_{0}* 3 + F_{1}*3 + F_{2}*1 = F_{5}[/tex]

[tex]F_{-2}*1 + F_{-1}*3 + F_{0}*3 + F_{1}*1 = F_{4}[/tex]

[tex]F_{-1}*1 + F_{0}*4 + F{1}*6 + F_{2}*4 + F_{3}*1 = F_{7}[/tex]

I could go on but that in it self does not prove the result.

How about using Pascel's triangle.

Anyway, I don't think it should be hard to prove using induction given that Fibonacci series is defined recursively and polynomial multiplication can be done via convolution.

1. How do I design a valid experiment to prove my result?

In order to design a valid experiment, you must first identify the variables that may affect your result and control for them. You should also have a control group for comparison and ensure that your sample size is large enough to produce reliable results. Additionally, it is important to follow the scientific method and document your procedures carefully.

2. How do I analyze my data to prove my result?

To analyze your data, you can use statistical methods such as t-tests, ANOVA, or regression analysis. These methods will help you determine if there is a significant difference between your control and experimental groups. It is also important to consider the significance level and confidence interval to ensure the accuracy of your results.

3. How do I address potential biases in my research to prove my result?

To address potential biases, you should acknowledge them in your research and take steps to minimize their impact. This can include using blind studies, randomizing your sample selection, and having multiple researchers independently analyze the data. It is important to be transparent about any potential biases in your study to ensure the validity of your results.

4. How do I present my results to effectively prove my result?

When presenting your results, it is important to include clear and concise visual aids such as graphs, charts, and tables to help illustrate your findings. You should also provide a thorough explanation of your data and any statistical analyses used. Additionally, it is important to discuss any limitations or potential sources of error in your study to provide a complete picture of your results.

5. How do I ensure the reproducibility of my result?

To ensure the reproducibility of your result, you should provide detailed documentation of your procedures, including any materials and methods used. This will allow other researchers to replicate your study and validate your results. You should also make your data publicly available, if possible, to allow for further analysis and replication of your findings by other scientists.