Can I fix my water-damaged TI-83 with an oven?

• Calculators
  • Thread starter Fusiontron
  • Start date
  • Tags
    ti-83
In summary, the most common issue with a TI-83 calculator is a frozen screen or unresponsive buttons, which can be caused by a variety of factors. To reset the calculator, press and hold the "2nd" key and then press and release the "on" key, and select "Reset" from the menu. If the calculator won't turn on, check the batteries and try resetting it. To update the software, download the latest version from the Texas Instruments website and follow their instructions. If the calculator is not responding to button presses, try resetting it or letting it sit for a few minutes before replacing the batteries. If the issue persists, professional repair may be needed.
Fusiontron
A ton of water got into it. Now the display is messed up but only so that I can't see the bottom line.

Last edited:
Computer science news on Phys.org
Take the batteries out. Set your oven to 160F and put it in for 2 hours. Open the oven door every half hour for 1 minute.

What is the most common issue with a TI-83 calculator?

The most common issue with a TI-83 calculator is a frozen screen or unresponsive buttons. This can be caused by a variety of factors such as low battery, software glitches, or physical damage.

How do I reset my TI-83 calculator?

To reset your TI-83 calculator, press and hold the "2nd" key, then press and release the "on" key. While holding the "2nd" key, press and release the "mem" key, then select "Reset" from the menu. This will reset your calculator to its default settings.

Why won't my TI-83 calculator turn on?

There could be several reasons why your TI-83 calculator won't turn on. First, check the batteries to make sure they are not dead or inserted incorrectly. If the batteries are fine, try resetting the calculator. If it still doesn't turn on, there may be a hardware issue that requires professional repair.

How do I update the software on my TI-83 calculator?

To update the software on your TI-83 calculator, you will need to download the latest version from the Texas Instruments website and transfer it to your calculator using a USB cable. Follow the instructions provided by Texas Instruments to complete the update process.

What should I do if my TI-83 calculator is not responding to button presses?

If your TI-83 calculator is not responding to button presses, try resetting it. If that doesn't work, remove the batteries and let the calculator sit for a few minutes before replacing them and turning it back on. If the issue persists, there may be a hardware problem that requires professional repair.