How do I run this lip movement observation project?

• Python
  • Thread starter shivajikobardan
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Project
In summary, the conversation is about someone asking for help in running a specific code they found on GitHub for a project related to lip movements. The person they are talking to asks if they have looked at the README file and if they have an environment that can run Python code. The person asking for help admits they are not very knowledgeable about software development and the person responding explains that the code is not meant for the general public and requires specific steps to run. They suggest referring to the paper for more information and possibly reaching out to the developers for further assistance.
Technology news on Phys.org
jedishrfu said:
What wasnt clear?
IDK how to run this code? I mean where do I start?

shivajikobardan said:
Have you installed an environment that can run Python code?

Likes sysprog and berkeman
scottdave said:
Have you installed an environment that can run Python code?
Indeed. OP, what is your knowledge level for software development environments? The code you have found is not really for the general public; it's meant for developers.

Likes sysprog and berkeman
shivajikobardan said:
Your response. Reminds me of the Wizard in the Wizard of Oz movie when the balloon takes off without Dorothy.

I can't come back, I don't know how it works.

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/9c369b08-76b9-4eb8-b00e-432aa1a36977

What I meant was what step in the readme wasn't clear? This code isn't something run like a game or application, rather it's a collection of tools to pre process a dataset, to analyse the data, and then train a model.

Each task is a separate python script run as shown in the readme. Once the model is trained then you can write code to read in the model and use it to analyze some new video of someone talking.

I would get their paper and maybe even ask them about the steps they take and how they run their code beyond what is shown in the readme.

Last edited:
Likes scottdave

1. What is the first step in running a project?

The first step in running a project is to clearly define the goal and objectives of the project. This will help guide the project plan and ensure that all team members are working towards the same end goal.

2. How do I create a project plan?

To create a project plan, you should start by breaking down the project into smaller, manageable tasks. Then, assign each task to a team member and determine the timeline and dependencies for each task. It's important to regularly review and update the project plan as needed.

3. How do I manage project risks?

Managing project risks involves identifying potential risks, assessing their potential impact, and developing a plan to mitigate or minimize these risks. This may involve contingency planning, regular risk assessments, and open communication with team members.

4. How do I ensure effective communication during the project?

Effective communication is crucial in running a successful project. This can be achieved by establishing clear communication channels, setting expectations for communication frequency and methods, and actively listening to team members' feedback and concerns.

5. How do I measure the success of a project?

Measuring the success of a project can be done by evaluating whether the project was completed within the designated timeline and budget, meeting the project's goals and objectives, and achieving desired outcomes. It's important to also gather feedback from team members and stakeholders to assess their satisfaction with the project's results.