1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How do I study for this exam?

1. Mar 12, 2013 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

I've never had an exam before in this format. It's 50-min long for Quantum I. It will be mostly short answer with small computations. It's supposed to test our conceptual understanding.

I've been reviewing my notes, making sure I harp on the central ideas of quantum mechanics. But that doesn't seem like enough. I only have a small set of practice questions that the instructor provided. The way the course is taught, we've learned shrodinger eq, commmutator, particle in a box, ect. not entirely only barely using Dirac notation; it will be formily introduced to us following the exam. This is also the first exam. I think it might be the first time he's done it this way too. I've also been reviewing my hw's.

This test is making me nervous...suggestions?

2. Relevant equations

3. The attempt at a solution

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 12, 2013 #2

Dick

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

This should be in the Academic Guidance section. But I wouldn't worry about it. If you are studying for the exam using your notes you'll probably do fine. Tests make everyone nervous. That's normal.

4. Mar 12, 2013 #3

SteamKing

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

It seems to be a pretty standard format for an exam. What format are you used to?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook