Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How do i unsubscribe?

1. Jan 11, 2006 #1
    hey there i want to discontinue my suscribtion here. how do i unsuscribe?
  2. jcsd
  3. Jan 11, 2006 #2
    subscription to what? do you mean disable your username? just don't come back i'd reckon..
  4. Jan 11, 2006 #3
    Subscription to the forum, or to a thread? for the forum, you would need to pm/mail a moderator. And why would you unsubscribe?
  5. Jan 11, 2006 #4
    If you are talking about e-mails you are getting because of replying to a thread, then do the following:

Go to "User CP" (it is a link near the top of the page)
    Click "Edit Options" (a link on the left side)
    Scroll down and find: "Default Thread Subscription Mode"
    Then change the option to whatever you want.
  6. Jan 11, 2006 #5

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Once you change the default subscription mode, you'll also need to find the box to unsubscribe from all current threads...the subscription mode affects all future subscriptions, the unsubscribe thing affects everything you've already gotten subscribed to.

We all know it's a royal pain in the butt to have to find that...it's some default setting in the forum software that got reset during a recent upgrade, so we ALL had to fix that. Why the default is to subscribe via email, I have no idea. I just hope it doesn't scare new members off.
  7. Jan 11, 2006 #6

Staff: Mentor

A-ha! A few days ago I changed my default subscription mode, and have been scratching my head over those notifications that are still showing up in my mailbox.

[scurrying off to unsubscribe to all those threads...]
  8. Jan 16, 2006 #7
    Thank you
    I was wondering how to fix it

I just got about 35 in the past ow 2 hours
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?