1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How do some of you

1. Jul 18, 2007 #1
    how do some of you ....

find it possible to strictly study physics courses for 8 hours a day when you probably have 4 or 5 other courses to pay attention too? How do you expect to perform decent in those courses if your main focus is on physics. I study at least 3 hours for each courses, depending on how difficult the course is , I studylonger hours of the course is difficult, and less hours if the course is really easy.
  2. jcsd
  3. Jul 18, 2007 #2
    Well, Im a math and physics major. I dont usually study around 8 hours a day for a single class. I usually study 3 to 4 hours everyday and about 5 to 6 on the weekends for all my classes. I try to spread it out instead of doing it all in advance. Like when I know a test is coming up Ill start studying a week or so in advance. Plus like if you have several subjects to study for rotate after each hour. For me its seems if i study something for over an hour without a break I start getting irritated and tend to stop ... It might not be what ya wanted but I hope it helps.
  4. Jul 18, 2007 #3
    Another idea is maybe that your overachieving. I currently have like a 3.86, which is fine for me. Relax some, take a break. Dont overdo it.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?