1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How do u plot a x2,x3 graph?

1. May 13, 2012 #1
    How do u plot a x2,x3 graph???

How do u do so??? for example i have a locus equation and how do i plot it on the graph paper?? i dont know if i already miss it at school or what..

Harris

2. jcsd
  3. May 13, 2012 #2

phinds

Gold Member
    2016 Award

Re: How do u plot a x2,x3 graph???

Your question is very vague. Do you know how to use graph paper at all? What DO you know about plotting anything and/or about graph paper?

4. May 13, 2012 #3

HallsofIvy

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

Are you talking about "parametric equation" and have x2= g(t), x3= h(t)? And what happened to x1?

If you have, for example, x1= f(t), x2= g(t), x3= h(t). ("x1", "x2", and "x3" are just "x", "y", and "z". "x1", "x2", and "x3" are used to match other problems where you might want to have more than 3 dimensions.) You are talking about a three dimensional graph. Calculate (x1, x2, x3) for a number of different values of t, plot those points on an "x1,x2,x3" coordinate system, then draw a curve through those points.

5. May 14, 2012 #4

Thanks HallsofIvy!

its not that i dont know,its just that i need to refresh it as my exam is getting closer and i dont even have a flashback about the curve-ing graph or Graph Function.

6. May 14, 2012 #5

HallsofIvy

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

There are many different kinds of graphs and many different ways you can label the variables you are graphing. Saying "x2, x3 graph" tells us jnothing about what it is you want to know.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook