Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Monique

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
What is your most common mode of transportation?

i'm a bike man, myself. though i do a bit of walking here and there. i'd suppose that's only becuase i'm not old enough to drive. (but as chance would have it, today is my first day of driver's ed., so maybe-in about six monthes-i can drive)

I bike here and there and everywhere. Even if I could afford a car, I wouldn't want one. They make you lazy and are unnecessary drains on resources.

LURCH

Science Advisor
I walk most of the time. Drive a car if the distance is too great. Hope to get a bicycle this year, if I can save up the $.

Kerrie

Staff Emeritus
Gold Member
i have a 1996 VW GTI that takes me all over washington and oregon...

eNtRopY

Currently, I walk to the bus stop and take the bus to the subway and then I take the subway to the train. Yeah... Germany sucks like that.

eNtRopY

Monique

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
No Entropy, that is the beauty of it. I used to get on my bicycle (15 min) get on the train (40 min) get on the subway (15 min) and walk (10 min).. that sounds annoying but everything is so well organized that there is no time wasted from one stop to the other.

You know that 30% of people in the netherlands use their bicycle as a mode of transportation? While in some countries Canada, the States it is only 1% :S http://www.ibike.org/statistics.htm [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats German effeciency for you, i drive to most places now that i have passed my driving test, but i used to cycle into college everyday until i had passed now it is more convenient for me to drive so that i can take my sister to and from school.

eNtRopY

Originally posted by Monique
No Entropy, that is the beauty of it.
Yeah well you're not the one who had to ride six blocks next to some fat Italian dude who stunk like a Frenchman.

I know, I know... stereotypes.... Of course I'm only joking around, Frenchman don't stink anymore than ordinary Italians.

eNtRopY