Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How do YOU get around?

1. Bicycle

2 vote(s)
    18.2%
  2. Walking

4 vote(s)
    36.4%
  3. Public Transportation

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Car

5 vote(s)
    45.5%
  5. Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Jun 16, 2003 #1

Monique

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

What is your most common mode of transportation?

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 16, 2003 #2
    i'm a bike man, myself. though i do a bit of walking here and there. i'd suppose that's only becuase i'm not old enough to drive. (but as chance would have it, today is my first day of driver's ed., so maybe-in about six monthes-i can drive)

4. Jun 16, 2003 #3
    I bike here and there and everywhere. Even if I could afford a car, I wouldn't want one. They make you lazy and are unnecessary drains on resources.

5. Jun 16, 2003 #4

LURCH

Science Advisor

I walk most of the time. Drive a car if the distance is too great. Hope to get a bicycle this year, if I can save up the $.

6. Jun 16, 2003 #5

Kerrie

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member

i have a 1996 VW GTI that takes me all over washington and oregon...

7. Jun 16, 2003 #6
    Currently, I walk to the bus stop and take the bus to the subway and then I take the subway to the train. Yeah... Germany sucks like that.

eNtRopY

8. Jun 16, 2003 #7

Monique

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

No Entropy, that is the beauty of it. I used to get on my bicycle (15 min) get on the train (40 min) get on the subway (15 min) and walk (10 min).. that sounds annoying but everything is so well organized that there is no time wasted from one stop to the other.

You know that 30% of people in the netherlands use their bicycle as a mode of transportation? While in some countries Canada, the States it is only 1% :S http://www.ibike.org/statistics.htm

9. Jun 16, 2003 #8
    Thats German effeciency for you, i drive to most places now that i have passed my driving test, but i used to cycle into college everyday until i had passed now it is more convenient for me to drive so that i can take my sister to and from school.

10. Jun 17, 2003 #9
    Yeah well you're not the one who had to ride six blocks next to some fat Italian dude who stunk like a Frenchman.

I know, I know... stereotypes.... Of course I'm only joking around, Frenchman don't stink anymore than ordinary Italians.

eNtRopY

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?