Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How do you get your kicks?

1. May 24, 2006 #1

wolram

Gold Member

What do you do for fun (zapper z) excluded :smile: What activity will bring a smile to your face and lighten your heart.

2. jcsd
  3. May 24, 2006 #2
    My favorite thing is riding motorcycles :!!) but I also like playing guitar, and pretty much playing any sport.

4. May 24, 2006 #3

chroot

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Astronomy, scuba diving, aviation, rock climbing, driving on twisty roads, that sort of thing.

- Warren

5. May 24, 2006 #4

Chi Meson

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

High altitude, high exposure mountains. So what the heck am I doing living on the east coast?

Mt. Hood, Cooper spur route ...

excuse me, I'm crying...

6. May 24, 2006 #5

wolram

Gold Member

Chroot, what have you piloted, it is a dream to fly , i reached my imf when the money ran out, heck i could put that airplane on the center line 9 out of 10 even in cross winds.

7. May 24, 2006 #6

chroot

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I've only flown small, single-engine planes.. Cessnas and Pipers, etc. It's rare for me to even fly a variable-pitch aircraft, as they're just too darned expensive to rent.

- Warren

8. May 24, 2006 #7

wolram

Gold Member

9. May 24, 2006 #8

dav2008

Gold Member

My flying experience is limited to video games.

I've always wanted to buy a flight simulator but I would also have to get a joystick, and it all just seem too confusing.

10. May 24, 2006 #9

wolram

Gold Member

The real thing is so exiting, the 3 d experiance is awful, i would encourage any one to try it, and an instrument landing is just so just , you feel like a
    god when your airoplane is lined up with the center line after so many manoverse.

11. May 24, 2006 #10

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I like to pretend that I don't know where anything goes in the kitchen; leave the toilet seat up at night; put empty food containers back in the fridge, watch "The Man Show" a lot....

12. May 24, 2006 #11

Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

Utterly depraved. Tsu leaves for a few days, and you regress or digress :rolleyes:

13. May 24, 2006 #12

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

It wouldn't be any fun if Tsu was gone. :tongue2:

14. May 24, 2006 #13
    Masturbation

15. May 24, 2006 #14

cronxeh

Gold Member

music; simpsons, family guy, house, scrubs; playing counter-strike, natural selection; browsing, myspace, etc.

16. May 24, 2006 #15

GCT

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

sounds very expensive. Rich people do have more fun I guess.

same here, not so much video games lately. It used to happen a lot in my dreams, an utterly fantastic experience, in terms of some of the novel senses and emotions that were aroused.

I would prefer to endeavor myself to solve some of the world's greatest mathematical problems, to give my life some extended purpose...but I've obviously smoked something recently, I'll shut up now.

17. May 24, 2006 #16
    I like smoking weed and then doing stuff like listening to music. I also love street racing.

18. May 25, 2006 #17

Mk

PHYSICSFORUMS!!!!! YEAH!!!

Hmm, let me guess your age...

19. May 25, 2006 #18
  20. May 25, 2006 #19

Curious3141

Homework Helper

I guess the things that give me greatest pleasure are playing with my kid and tracking my car. Oh, and watching F1 on TV.

21. May 25, 2006 #20
    Car racing, scuba diving, gardening, music and animals.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?