How do you get your kicks?

• Thread starter wolram
  • Start date
In summary, Warren enjoys riding motorcycles, astronomy, scuba diving, aviation, rock climbing, driving on twisty roads, and playing guitar. His favorite activity is discussing physics, and he enjoys traveling the world.
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
What do you do for fun (zapper z) excluded :smile: What activity will bring a smile to your face and lighten your heart.

Physics news on Phys.org
My favorite thing is riding motorcycles :!) but I also like playing guitar, and pretty much playing any sport.

Astronomy, scuba diving, aviation, rock climbing, driving on twisty roads, that sort of thing.

- Warren

High altitude, high exposure mountains. So what the heck am I doing living on the east coast?

Mt. Hood, Cooper spur route ...

excuse me, I'm crying...

chroot said:
Astronomy, scuba diving, aviation, rock climbing, driving on twisty roads, that sort of thing.

- Warren
Chroot, what have you piloted, it is a dream to fly , i reached my imf when the money ran out, heck i could put that airplane on the center line 9 out of 10 even in cross winds.

I've only flown small, single-engine planes.. Cessnas and Pipers, etc. It's rare for me to even fly a variable-pitch aircraft, as they're just too darned expensive to rent.

- Warren

chroot said:
I've only flown small, single-engine planes.. Cessnas and Pipers, etc. It's rare for me to even fly a variable-pitch aircraft, as they're just too darned expensive to rent.

- Warren[/QUOTE

It is a ***** i would love to fly all the time ,three d is so much better than free way, i preferred the low wing cheroke as it gave some referance for landing, but i think i could land a bus if i was given half a chance.

My flying experience is limited to video games.

I've always wanted to buy a flight simulator but I would also have to get a joystick, and it all just seem too confusing.

dav2008 said:

I've always wanted to buy a flight simulator but I would also have to get a joystick, and it all just seem too confusing.

The real thing is so exiting, the 3 d experience is awful, i would encourage anyone to try it, and an instrument landing is just so just , you feel like a
god when your airoplane is lined up with the center line after so many manoverse.

What activity will bring a smile to your face and lighten your heart

I like to pretend that I don't know where anything goes in the kitchen; leave the toilet seat up at night; put empty food containers back in the fridge, watch "The Man Show" a lot...

Ivan Seeking said:
. . . . watch "The Man Show" a lot...
Utterly depraved. Tsu leaves for a few days, and you regress or digress :rolleyes:

Astronuc said:
Utterly depraved. Tsu leaves for a few days, and you regress or digress :rolleyes:

It wouldn't be any fun if Tsu was gone. :tongue2:

Masturbation

music; simpsons, family guy, house, scrubs; playing counter-strike, natural selection; browsing, myspace, etc.

- Warren

sounds very expensive. Rich people do have more fun I guess.

same here, not so much video games lately. It used to happen a lot in my dreams, an utterly fantastic experience, in terms of some of the novel senses and emotions that were aroused.

I would prefer to endeavor myself to solve some of the world's greatest mathematical problems, to give my life some extended purpose...but I've obviously smoked something recently, I'll shut up now.

I like smoking weed and then doing stuff like listening to music. I also love street racing.

What activity will bring a smile to your face and lighten your heart.
PHYSICSFORUMS! YEAH!

I like smoking weed and then doing stuff like listening to music. I also love street racing.
Hmm, let me guess your age...

I guess the things that give me greatest pleasure are playing with my kid and tracking my car. Oh, and watching F1 on TV.

Car racing, scuba diving, gardening, music and animals.

Mk said:
PHYSICSFORUMS! YEAH!

Hmm, let me guess your age...
Also, I didn't mean that in a mean way, sorry if so. :smile:

lifting weights, drawing, 3d modeling, reading satire, riding my bycicle (though they got stolen a month ago :frown: )
traveling the world (i mostly enjoy going to the museums, temples or important buildings everywhere and trying the native food) - my next trip is to thailand (should take place in two months).
and my best way to waste my time is just hanging around with my friends... watching funny movies or making them drink so that they'll do stupid things :biggrin:

oh, and discussing physics, and discovering how stuff works...

Last edited:
hypatia said:
Car racing

You race cars? That's very interesting. May I ask what sort of cars, and what series do you participate in? :smile:

Playing guitar, riding my motorcycle, fly fishing, gardening (vegetables and herbs), bird watching, target shooting, astronomy/cosmology.

I get no kick from cocaine.
Mere alcohol doesn't thrill me at all.
So tell me, why should it be true,
That I get a kick out of you?

My latest hobby is falling in love. I have a serious crush on about two dozen women lately.

zoobyshoe said:
I get no kick from cocaine.
Mere alcohol doesn't thrill me at all.
So tell me, why should it be true,
That I get a kick out of you?

My latest hobby is falling in love. I have a serious crush on about two dozen women lately.

spring does that to us :biggrin:

zoobyshoe said:
:grumpy: :devil:

In order:
1.Programming (to be specific game programming in c++, vb.net)
2.Building (like building remote controlled boats)
3.Science (especially electricity)
4.Piano composing (I just finished 2 more songs)
5.Robotics building, programming
6.Math formulas (Almost done with a couple)

I don't think that's normal for a 13 year old.
:frown: I must have a sad life. I must have read WAY too many textbooks in my life span.

GeekyGuy said:
In order:
1.Programming (to be specific game programming in c++, vb.net)
2.Building (like building remote controlled boats)
3.Science (especially electricity)
4.Piano composing (I just finished 2 more songs)
5.Robotics building, programming
6.Math formulas (Almost done with a couple)

I don't think that's normal for a 13 year old.
:frown: I must have a sad life. I must have read WAY too many textbooks in my life span.

Sounds to me that you have a very full life:smile:

turbo-1 said:
Playing guitar, riding my motorcycle, fly fishing, gardening (vegetables and herbs), bird watching, target shooting, astronomy/cosmology.

I'm considering getting into bird watching. What equipment would you recommend, any starters tips? So many birds in my backyard, just thought that I might take advantage of this.

wolram said:
What do you do for fun (zapper z) excluded :smile: What activity will bring a smile to your face and lighten your heart.

...recognizing Glitches in the Matrix :eek: