How do you know your parents love you?

• Thread starter KingNothing
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Love
In summary, my parents show me love by always talking to me, baking me cookies, and picking me up from school. My dad also does a lot of work to show his love for me.
KingNothing
For me, I know my mom loves me because she's always willing to talk, and because she tells me and bakes me cookies if I ask her to sometimes.

My dad doesn't really say it, and I don't say it to him. But, I know he does love me just by the fact that he goes to work and works three times harder than most people do, at a not-so-great paying job, and I know he wouldn't do that for nothing.

What shows you your parents' love?

Physics news on Phys.org
They put up with me for 17 years? :D

Smurf said:
They put up with me for 17 years? :D

That tells me they're blind and deaf, not that they love you.

You don't

Maybe you think they do and then one day they decide to slowly starve you to death or some other horrible form of murder.
You see it everyday in the media, what is happening to the world.

Trust no-one. At the end of the day, we are all on our own.

loseyourname said:
That tells me they're blind and deaf, not that they love you.

Took you this long to figure that out?

My father and mother would pick us up (my 2 brothers and sister) and we would do a group hug. I did the same with my family - but just 2 kids - until they were too big to pick up. We are a very huggable family. :biggrin:

I also hug my closest friends. :biggrin: What can I say - I love to give hugs.

We mention the word "love", e.g. when finishing correspondence, and we use the phrase, "I love you", e.g. when finishing phone conversation.

When I greet my mom and dad, I give them each a hug and kiss on the cheek, which is reciprocated.

Then there was the abundant nuturing.

Now that I live far from my parents and my sibblings, we talk weekly about events.

Every time I get the feeling that my parents resent me, I remind them that I get to choose their nursing home. That shuts them up.

brewnog said:
Every time I get the feeling that my parents resent me, I remind them that I get to choose their nursing home. That shuts them up.

well, if they weren't paying for my tuition, i would be absolutely convinced that my mother hates me. As it is, i find that piece of evidence highly anamolous. It might just be she wants a nice nursing home, but every once in a while she crawls out of the shell of hatred and acts like she isn't plotting to kill me. Its all so confusing.

IN a simpler word, i don't really.

brewnog said:

That works for me too. I give them a hard time about spending my inheritance too. :rofl:

I frequently make my mum cry when I accidentally refer to my university city as "home". It's times like those when she's grateful to get a bag of laundry in the post...

1. How do you know if your parents love you?

There are many signs that can indicate your parents love you, such as them showing affection, spending quality time with you, and supporting you in your accomplishments and challenges. Ultimately, you can feel their love through their words and actions towards you.

2. What are some ways parents show their love?

Parents may show their love through physical touch, such as hugs and kisses, as well as through verbal expressions of love and appreciation. They may also show their love through acts of service, such as cooking your favorite meal or helping you with a project.

3. Can parents love their children differently?

Yes, every parent-child relationship is unique and may have different ways of expressing love. Some parents may show their love through strict discipline, while others may show it through indulgence and leniency. The important thing is that the love is genuine and present.

4. How can I tell if my parents love me unconditionally?

If your parents accept you for who you are, flaws and all, and support you even when you make mistakes, that is a sign of unconditional love. They may also forgive you and continue to love you even when you have disappointed them. Remember, unconditional love means loving someone without any conditions or expectations.

5. What should I do if I feel like my parents don't love me?

If you feel like your parents don't love you, it's important to communicate your feelings with them. Sometimes, there may be misunderstandings or underlying issues that need to be addressed. If talking to your parents doesn't help, seek support from a trusted adult or a therapist who can help you work through your feelings and improve your relationship with your parents.