How do you make equations in this format?

• Thread starter schwarzchildradius
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Format
In summary, The conversation discusses how to use the superscript and subscript brackets, as well as the Greek letters from the smiley menu, on the Physics Forums website. The user mentions that they have seen an announcement about the procedure, but it does not seem to work for them. Other users provide examples of how to use the brackets and letters correctly, with and without spaces and semicolons. The conversation ends with a user thanking for the information.
schwarzchildradius
Someone knows, I can sense it.

Engineering news on Phys.org
https://www.physicsforums.com/announcement.php?s=&forumid=4 [Broken]

You can also click on "Get More" in the Smiley menu. The old superscript and subscript brackets still work. The Greek letters from the smiley menu will not be raised and lowered, but those from the Announcement above will.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've seen that announcemment, but the proceedure doesn't seem to work!

&phi
&plusmn

See?

ö - φ
Ö - Φ

ø- ψ

ñ - ρ
Ñ - Ρ

Ð - π

à - Γ
ã - γ

÷ - χ

ê - κ

ë - λ2sub

Last edited by a moderator:
& p s i ;

Is how you do it, without the space between letters and WITH the semicolon

ok thanks cool

1. How do I write equations in this format?

To write equations in a specific format, you will need to use a mathematical typesetting software such as LaTeX. This software allows you to create mathematical equations using a combination of symbols and commands.

2. Can I use Microsoft Word to create equations in this format?

While Microsoft Word does have some equation editing features, it may not have all the tools and symbols necessary to create equations in a specific format. It is recommended to use a mathematical typesetting software such as LaTeX for more complex equations.

3. Is there a specific syntax or format I need to follow when writing equations?

Yes, each mathematical typesetting software may have its own syntax and format for writing equations. It is important to refer to the software's documentation or online resources for guidance on how to write equations in a specific format.

4. Can I use keyboard shortcuts to make equations in this format?

Yes, most mathematical typesetting software have keyboard shortcuts for commonly used symbols and commands, making it quicker and easier to write equations in a specific format. Again, it is important to refer to the software's documentation for a list of available shortcuts.

5. Are there any online resources or tutorials I can use to learn how to make equations in this format?

Yes, there are many online resources and tutorials available for different mathematical typesetting software. You can also find helpful guides and examples on official software websites or through online communities and forums.