Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How do you make the curly L for the LaPlace transform in tex?

  1. Dec 10, 2003 #1
    The closest I've been able to come so far is just italicizing a normal L, but that's lame
  2. jcsd
  3. Dec 10, 2003 #2
    I don't think I can get the version I like without installing extra fonts, but you could try one of these:

    [tex]\mathfrak{L} \L \mathcal{L}[/tex]
  4. Dec 10, 2003 #3
    you mean this £? if you do its hold alt and type 0163 on the numeric keypad then release alt should do it or alt-0163 for future reference

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook