Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How do you prove

1. Mar 8, 2004 #1
    how do you prove to yourself that you are doing nothing?or do you try to convince yourself that you are doing something so as to prove you are doing nothing?
    ps-i never get tired of adding puzzles!

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 18, 2004 #2
    You are always doing something otherwise you would be dead.

4. Mar 18, 2004 #3
    Do your puzzle usually make some kind of sense? Proving you're doing something in order to prove you're doing nothing?

cookiemonster

5. Mar 22, 2004 #4
    you cant prove you are doing nothing since cuming up with a proof is doing something

6. Mar 28, 2004 #5
    you cant prove you are doing nothing since cuming up with a proof is doing something

...which is also a proof u exist?

7. Mar 28, 2004 #6
    No, it is simply a 'subjective testimony'...if there was no one there to hear it it would mean about the same, to the teller of it

'Subjectivity of testimony' is why no one can prove they exist...
    :cool:

8. Apr 8, 2004 #7
    It all depends on what you call something. Example: If you were dead, you might be lying in a casket underground. Really sounds like somethin', eh?

9. Apr 9, 2004 #8
    Where I live there is proof of people that have no explanation of why they are on this earth.Living and breathing proof that doing nothing is a possible career.I call them DMV employees. :biggrin:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?