How do you think?

• Thread starter micromass
  • Start date

Can you read and/or speak while counting till 60??

• Total voters

DoggerDan

Re: How do you think??

I can read silently while counting out loud to 60. Is that what you meant? That was easy.

I found it much more difficult to speak about something while counting silently to 60.

S_Happens

Gold Member

I remember reading his story about this, but I never tried it back then.

After giving each method 1 good attempt, I was able to read and count, but not talk out loud and count.

Counting while reading was possible but slowed my reading speed down to probably 25%. It also greatly reduced my comprehension. There's no way I could read something technical and actually understand it while also counting.

I could also speak aloud while counting in my head, but only by using the method Feynman described. I'd never counted like that, and wouldn't have thought to do it before I watched the video.

In both cases it took quite a bit of concentration, and both tasks were slower and more prone to errors.

luckyg

NO...i cant.. its difficult for me...

turbo

Gold Member

During engineering school, I'd generally be smoking, listening to music (often singing along), thinking about how to get a late-night snack, refreshing my coffee, and working out math/physics problems at the same time. Also, taking out time to deal with dorm-mates who were alternately intrusive or just rude. I was SO glad to get out of my freshman year, when I was allowed to live off-campus.