• Start date

Dembadon

Gold Member
coffee1.jpg

coffee2.jpg

coffee3.jpg

Tim's double double
Williams double double

(I can take about 3-5 coffees/day.. sometimes, I just like steemed tea double)

George Jones

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member

MATLABdude

Science Advisor
I like my coffee run through a molecular re-arranger that outputs tea.

So far, I've won six free drinks.
The global odds are only like 1 in 7 of winning anything! Then again, I guess that only works out to like 42 coffees (less with the extra large) over the past 2-3 weeks...

Monique

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I like my coffee Turkish.

Chi Meson

Science Advisor
Homework Helper
I like my coffee *strong* with milk or half-and-half. Or half milk, half half-and-half...does that make it a-quarter-and-three-quarters?

I like the flavor of coffee made in a French press - with freshly ground beans, of course :smile: - but I gave up using one because of the mess of cleaning it. I would knock most of the grounds into the trash but a lot would remain, and I could get them out only by rinsing. After a while that's a lot of grounds going into the drain, where they cause trouble. Any hints?
Tangent=========>

In an early season episode of The Simpsons, Marge takes a quart of "Third and Third and Third" from the refrigerator.

turbo

Gold Member
Actually, probably my best-tasting coffees ever (due to the setting as much as anything) came out of percolators sitting over campfires. My father was even more basic. He'd throw a large handful of ground dark 8 O'clock coffee into a pot of water, bring it to a boil, and when it was sufficiently dark, he'd pour it into our tin cups, straining the grounds out with a clean bandanna stretched over the cup. Bacon, eggs, and black coffee fixed over a campfire was the breakfast of champions when I was a kid. I picked up coffee-drinking that way when I was about 10, though my mother disapproved. Camping and fly-fishing remote ponds brings back memories of those simple breakfasts.

After writing this, I won a doughnut.
I drink from timmies almost every day and I haven't won a thing for 2 years. The last thing I won was a free muffin or something. Rediculous. My dad and cousin on the other hand have both won $100 tim cards.

Maybe I'm due to win the Rav-4? :wink:

MATLABdude

Science Advisor
You could say, "I like my coffee the way I like my Swedish movies."
It'd take 3 hours to consume and leave me more confused and tired than I started?

\Haven't watched any Swedish art films
\\Just going off the stereotypes...
\\\Wait a sec, is this Fark???

Evo

Mentor
After drinking coffee in Italy, it doesn't matter what brand I use or how it's brewed. Nothing is as good as those tiny plastic cough medicine cups of thick, black, syrupy substance you get at a stand up coffee bar in Sicily.

BobG

Science Advisor
Homework Helper
After drinking coffee in Italy, it doesn't matter what brand I use or how it's brewed. Nothing is as good as those tiny plastic cough medicine cups of thick, black, syrupy substance you get at a stand up coffee bar in Sicily.
My first morning in Italy, suffering from a bad case of jet lag, I went to get a cup of coffee at breakfast and all they had were these teeny tiny little cups. I finally found a decent size mug at a different table and was able to finally fill it up (the coffee came out really slow).

Howzaaa!!!! Holy cow!!!!! WTF??!!!!

I'm down to a 1/4 cup of coffee a day. I must admit there are days when I do drink two cups. Never had a problem drinking it as some people do. I like different blends mixed together. The American Chemical Society had an interesting article from March 21 that was encouraging for coffee drinkers who may shy away from it. Here's a snip from it.

Their report, presented here at the 239th National Meeting of the American Chemical Society, included the counter-intuitive finding that espresso, French roast, and other dark-roasted coffee may be easier on the tummy because these roasts contain a substance that tells the stomach to reduce production of acid.

The research could lead to a new generation of stomach-friendly brews with the rich taste and aroma of regular coffee, the scientists said.

“This discovery is going to help a lot of people who suffer from coffee sensitivity,” say Veronika Somoza, Ph.D. from the University of Vienna in Austria, and Thomas Hofmann, Ph.D. from the Technische Universität München in Germany, who conducted the study. “As coffee-lovers, we’re very excited about this research.”
http://portal.acs.org/portal/acs/corg/content?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=PP_ARTICLEMAIN&node_id=222&content_id=CNBP_024342&use_sec=true&sec_url_var=region1&__uuid= [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
Bottoms up

Coffee: A favorite beverage around the world, particularly in the United States. 75% of the adults in the United State drink at least one cup of coffee daily. We’ve all heard the good, the bad, and the even worse about coffee. But we’ve also heard about the benefits including the fact that coffee is rich in antioxidants. Coffee has more antioxidants than wine, tea, vegetables and even fruit. Once more the quality of antioxidants in coffee are more bioavailable.
http://www.betternetworker.com/articles/view/mlm-news/companies/a-company-review-asantae-java™-coffee-for-your-health

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
If I have time to savor it and brew it, a nice dark roast with one sugar and some milk or half and half.

If it's from the cafe at work that serves Starbucks blends, it's a latte (half milk) with no sugar...their coffee is too terrible to drink it with less than half a cup of milk.

If it's from the fabulous Italian restaurant my boyfriend took me to, it's espresso...no sugar or milk. Finding a good, smooth cup of espresso is like heaven to me and shouldn't be cut with anything.

If it's first thing in the morning and I just need to caffeinate myself to function, it's the too weak, but quick brewed coffee from my Keurig brewer (don't get one if you only like dark coffee, but if you just don't have time in the morning to wait for coffee to brew, it's the most wonderful invention ever). It brews one cup at a time, and is ready by the time I'm done scooping Ember's food into her bowl (I keep the coffee and cat food in the same cabinet...and hope I never mix the two up in the morning).

cronxeh

Gold Member
I cut my caffeine with lidocaine and snort it directly.. Err wrong forum. I prefer extra large coffee with 2 sugars and milk with a shot of espresso.