What's Your Favorite Way to Enjoy Coffee?

• Thread starter Hyped
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Coffee
In summary, the conversation revolved around the participants' preferences for coffee. Some preferred strong coffee, while others liked it with milk and sugar. Some mentioned their specific methods for brewing coffee, such as using a French press and freshly ground beans. Others mentioned their preference for tea over coffee. The conversation also touched on the importance of using good quality coffee beans and proper brewing techniques. The participants also shared their preferred coffee brands and ways to make the perfect cup of coffee.
Hyped
I think we got a lot of serious coffee-drinkers here, so I´d like to know.. http://forum2.mobile-review.com/images/smilies/smile.gif [Broken]
for me, strong (! http://forum2.mobile-review.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif [Broken])[/URL] and some milk in it - I´m happy..! Just got http://www.dealstudio.com/searchdeals.php?type=id&q=d140638&ru=28100925 [Broken] with a stainless steel travel mug, only $3 bucks. It tastes delicious!
How about you?
cheers! http://forum2.mobile-review.com/images/smilies/beer.gif [Broken]

http://www.biojobblog.com/coffee_roaster(1).jpg [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
cream and 6 sugars (sometimes with a shot of espresso too)...no kidding, I like it sweet.

Milk and sugar, I blasphemy like that.

Black only. And it has to be from a french press and from freshly ground beans. The oils from the beans are essential for the flavor which is why it has to be from a french press.

I'm more of a tea drinker though...

gravenewworld said:
Black only. And it has to be from a french press and from freshly ground beans. The oils from the beans are essential for the flavor which is why it has to be from a french press.

I will give you cool points if you keep this up.

Two sugars, hold the coffee

Depends on the coffee really. Normally from Tim Hortons I'd get a double double... or a 'cafe mocha'. Other times I just drink it black if it tastes good enough,lol.

I'd rather drink a tea over a coffee though... any day.

zomgwtf said:
Normally from Tim Hortons I'd get a double double...

Okay, your Canadian is really showing, there. :biggrin:

I buy fresh dark roast beans, a pound at a time, and only grind enough to make a small pot of coffee immediately before brewing. I add a small shot of half and half cream to the cup. No one else makes coffee as good as mine. No one.

Afternoons, it's fresh green tea all the way.

I like the mildness of a light Kona - fresh ground is preferred as well. I've had mine the same way since I was 10 - cream and sugar.

The best coffee of all is when you remove the coffee and replace it with tea.:wink:

I prefer it in a plain, glazed, ceramic cup with a handle. It's maybe not the best insulator, but it gives the perfect combination of heat/cold sensitivity through the material so I can always be sure of the temperature of my coffee, which is nice.

Our lab got rather domestic, so we got ourselves a nice coffee brewer along with a little water cooler (and attendant bottled water: our building has tap water that's super hard, often coloured, and smells/tastes metallic). We generally go for the flavoured coffee (caramel, butterscotch, Grogg, etc.) pre-ground from one of the fancier (but not Starbucks or Second Cup fancy and expensive) coffee houses on campus, and then brew it (ratio-wise) the same way they brewed it: not too strong, not too weak.

I personally like my coffee like I like life: dark, bleak and bitter.

On that note, have a nice day!

EDIT: Lately, I've been liking my coffee with a Roll-up-able Rim. You may need to be Canadian to get it (and probably need to be Canadian to win!)
http://rolluptherimtowin.com/

gravenewworld said:

A non-paper filter also works to this end: mine is the Melita gold filter. Everything else is crap.

Ditto on the freshly ground beans, but the French press doesn't work for me as I need to preset the automatic coffee maker to have the pot brewed when I wake up.

Oh, and a teaspoon of brown-sugar (that "sugar in the raw" , or Turbinado, that's the best) and a smallish amount of whole milk.) The coffee itself must be strong, strong, strong. I cut my teeth at "The Coffee People" in Portland.

MATLABdude said:
I personally like my coffee like I like life: dark, bleak and bitter.

You could say, "I like my coffee the way I like my Swedish movies."

I grind up mine immediately before brewing and drink it black.

Chi Meson said:
A non-paper filter also works to this end: mine is the Melita gold filter. Everything else is crap.

Yes to the gold permanent filter.

I've never known so many people who grind their own beans. Surely a group with good taste.

I like my coffee *strong* with milk or half-and-half. Or half milk, half half-and-half...does that make it a-quarter-and-three-quarters?

I like the flavor of coffee made in a French press - with freshly ground beans, of course :smile: - but I gave up using one because of the mess of cleaning it. I would knock most of the grounds into the trash but a lot would remain, and I could get them out only by rinsing. After a while that's a lot of grounds going into the drain, where they cause trouble. Any hints?

I do know that people in an office usually prefer that you rinse the coffee pot out before you fill it with water for the next brew and that you use cold water - especially if you fill it from the bathroom sinks. It looks a little unappealing when you walk out of the restroom with a pot of warm, yellow water for the coffee.

A good shot of espresso is just wonderful. Preferably made with freshly ground beans of course, but I don't have a grinder at the moment.

Strong, and black. Usually when I drink coffee it is because I need a bit of a pickup or am tired that day and I want to get that as quickly as possible. As a casual drink, I am more of a tea guy.

tim hortons coffee with two sugars tastes like sugar water. but i get to roll up the rim so its a compromise.

ideally, 18% cream and a moderate amount of sugar.

gravenewworld said:
zomgwtf said:
I'd rather drink a tea over a coffee though... any day.
Dadface said:
The best coffee of all is when you remove the coffee and replace it with tea.:wink:
KrisOhn said:
I am more of a tea guy.

I like my coffee run through a molecular re-arranger that outputs tea.
GeorginaS said:
Okay, your Canadian is really showing, there. :biggrin:
dacruick said:
but i get to roll up the rim so its a compromise.

So far, I've won six free drinks.

I have espresso-maker, and I make a 4-demitasse pot of espresso each morning and pour it into my big Smithsonian Zoo mug. Just hot, black, and unsweetened.

Fresh ground, fresh brewed and black.

I have a Cuisinart Grind and Brew with a gold filter. It works well with only one major drawback. You but coffee beans in the top enclosure, water in the tank. When you hit the button the coffee is ground in a blade grinder, exiting the grinder through a sieve which determines the maximum size particles and since soon after going below the maximum size they exit the grinder and are blown into the drip filter you also regulate the minimum size.

The draw back are the 5 separate parts which need to be cleaned and dried after each use. If the grinder parts are not very dry ground coffee or even whole beans stick inside the grinder.

I take a French press when we go camping, but I have our trusty old Cuisinart with a Medelco #4 Cone Permanent Coffee Filter for use at home.

I have a pretty meticulous system in place. When I pour the beans into the grinder, I place my hand in such a way that it acts as an extension to the grinder's cylindrical chamber. This allows me to add an amount of beans that is likely beyond what is intended, and prevents them from spilling over onto the counter. When I'm done, the mound of beans extends above the top of the grinder's chamber. I then grind until the beans are a fine powder; maximum surface area has been attained, which makes for deliciously dark coffee. :approve:

I drink it black. My wife likes a touch of cream and a touch of sugar (in the raw). She'll add a little water as well. :biggrin:

coffee1.jpg

coffee2.jpg

coffee3.jpg

Tim's double double
Williams double double

(I can take about 3-5 coffees/day.. sometimes, I just like steemed tea double)

George Jones said:

After writing this, I won a doughnut.

George Jones said:
I like my coffee run through a molecular re-arranger that outputs tea.

The global odds are only like 1 in 7 of winning anything! Then again, I guess that only works out to like 42 coffees (less with the extra large) over the past 2-3 weeks...

I like my coffee Turkish.

lisab said:
I like my coffee *strong* with milk or half-and-half. Or half milk, half half-and-half...does that make it a-quarter-and-three-quarters?

I like the flavor of coffee made in a French press - with freshly ground beans, of course :smile: - but I gave up using one because of the mess of cleaning it. I would knock most of the grounds into the trash but a lot would remain, and I could get them out only by rinsing. After a while that's a lot of grounds going into the drain, where they cause trouble. Any hints?

Tangent=========>

In an early season episode of The Simpsons, Marge takes a quart of "Third and Third and Third" from the refrigerator.

Actually, probably my best-tasting coffees ever (due to the setting as much as anything) came out of percolators sitting over campfires. My father was even more basic. He'd throw a large handful of ground dark 8 O'clock coffee into a pot of water, bring it to a boil, and when it was sufficiently dark, he'd pour it into our tin cups, straining the grounds out with a clean bandanna stretched over the cup. Bacon, eggs, and black coffee fixed over a campfire was the breakfast of champions when I was a kid. I picked up coffee-drinking that way when I was about 10, though my mother disapproved. Camping and fly-fishing remote ponds brings back memories of those simple breakfasts.

George Jones said:
After writing this, I won a doughnut.

I drink from timmies almost every day and I haven't won a thing for 2 years. The last thing I won was a free muffin or something. Rediculous. My dad and cousin on the other hand have both won $100 tim cards.

Maybe I'm due to win the Rav-4? :wink:

Chi Meson said:
You could say, "I like my coffee the way I like my Swedish movies."

It'd take 3 hours to consume and leave me more confused and tired than I started?

\Haven't watched any Swedish art films
\\Just going off the stereotypes...
\\\Wait a sec, is this Fark?

After drinking coffee in Italy, it doesn't matter what brand I use or how it's brewed. Nothing is as good as those tiny plastic cough medicine cups of thick, black, syrupy substance you get at a stand up coffee bar in Sicily.

<h2>1. What are the health benefits of drinking coffee?</h2><p>There are several potential health benefits associated with drinking coffee, such as improved cognitive function, reduced risk of type 2 diabetes, and lower risk of certain types of cancer. However, the extent of these benefits may vary depending on individual factors and the amount and type of coffee consumed.</p><h2>2. How does the way coffee is prepared affect its taste?</h2><p>The way coffee is prepared can greatly impact its taste. For example, the type of brewing method, the grind size, and the water temperature can all affect the flavor profile of the coffee. Additionally, the type and quality of the coffee beans used can also play a role in the taste.</p><h2>3. Is it better to drink coffee with or without milk?</h2><p>This is largely a matter of personal preference. Some people enjoy the creaminess and added flavor that milk provides, while others prefer the pure taste of black coffee. It's important to note that adding milk or cream can also affect the nutritional content of the coffee.</p><h2>4. How much caffeine is in a cup of coffee?</h2><p>The amount of caffeine in a cup of coffee can vary depending on factors such as the type of coffee beans, the brewing method, and the size of the cup. On average, a cup of coffee contains around 95 mg of caffeine, but this can range from 70-140 mg.</p><h2>5. What is the best time of day to drink coffee?</h2><p>The best time of day to drink coffee can vary for each person. Some people may prefer to have their coffee in the morning to help them wake up and start their day, while others may enjoy a cup in the afternoon for a mid-day energy boost. It's important to listen to your body and consume coffee in moderation to avoid negative effects on sleep or anxiety levels.</p>

1. What are the health benefits of drinking coffee?

There are several potential health benefits associated with drinking coffee, such as improved cognitive function, reduced risk of type 2 diabetes, and lower risk of certain types of cancer. However, the extent of these benefits may vary depending on individual factors and the amount and type of coffee consumed.

2. How does the way coffee is prepared affect its taste?

The way coffee is prepared can greatly impact its taste. For example, the type of brewing method, the grind size, and the water temperature can all affect the flavor profile of the coffee. Additionally, the type and quality of the coffee beans used can also play a role in the taste.

3. Is it better to drink coffee with or without milk?

This is largely a matter of personal preference. Some people enjoy the creaminess and added flavor that milk provides, while others prefer the pure taste of black coffee. It's important to note that adding milk or cream can also affect the nutritional content of the coffee.

4. How much caffeine is in a cup of coffee?

The amount of caffeine in a cup of coffee can vary depending on factors such as the type of coffee beans, the brewing method, and the size of the cup. On average, a cup of coffee contains around 95 mg of caffeine, but this can range from 70-140 mg.

5. What is the best time of day to drink coffee?

The best time of day to drink coffee can vary for each person. Some people may prefer to have their coffee in the morning to help them wake up and start their day, while others may enjoy a cup in the afternoon for a mid-day energy boost. It's important to listen to your body and consume coffee in moderation to avoid negative effects on sleep or anxiety levels.

Back