Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

B How does decoherence work?

1. May 2, 2017 #1
    Hi, I'm in ninth grade, and I can't really grasp an idea of how decoherence works. Also, does anyone know where I can good information on what was discussed in the debates between Bohr and Einstein. It seems really interesting.

2. jcsd
  3. May 2, 2017 #2

PeterDonis

2016 Award

Staff: Mentor

This is too broad for discussion as it stands. Can you narrow it down to a specific experiment where you're having trouble understanding decoherence? (Also, your original thread title didn't describe your actual question, not to mention that it suggested a couple of common pop science misconceptions. I have changed it to something more neutral and descriptive.)

The place to start is a Google search. If you have specific questions about something you find there, you can post them in a new thread.

4. May 3, 2017 #3

Nugatory

Staff: Mentor

That's too broad of a question for a forum post; we'd need an entire book to answer it. Fortunately, that book already exists: David Lindley's "Where does the weirdness go?" is a good start at the 9th-grade level.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted