1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Support PF! Reminder for those going back to school to buy their text books via PF Here!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How Does Fitzpatrick Compare to Spivak?

1. Apr 22, 2013 #1

hsu

Hi all, I'll be taking analysis in the fall, and I would like to do some preparation for the course over the summer. It's pretty clear that this forum recommends Spivak's Calculus text as the ideal for such a task, but I'm wondering how it compares to Patrick Fitzpatrick's Advanced Calculus, because that will be the text that will be used in my analysis course.

If the two are comparable, I'd obviously prefer to just purchase and study out of the Fitzpatrick text, since we'll be using it anyway, but if Spivak's exposition is just on another level and will really help me in further analysis-based courses down the road, I wouldn't mind having to purchase both.

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted