Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How does one Embed Pictures in a Post?

1. Jan 7, 2005 #1

Les Sleeth

Gold Member

I'm exposing my internet ignorance I'm sure, but after seeing the great pics of Integral's Thanksgiving pies embedded in his thread I was wondering how he achieved that.

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 7, 2005 #2

Janitor

Science Advisor

Have you noticed the Manage Attachments button below the box in which you type your posts? It is pretty self-explanatory. The only problem I have had was my images were too big. The size limit is something like 400 x 400 pixels.

4. Jan 7, 2005 #3

loseyourname

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member

I don't think that's what he means. I think he's talking about the [ img ] tags. You can wrap these around links to photos and they will imbed in the body of your post, but you can only do this in General Discussion. The feature is turned off in every other forum. I suggest quoting any thread that has pictures in it to see examples of how this is done. Here's an example: [ img ]http://www.mtv.com/shared/media/news/images/l/Lohan_Lindsay/sq-lohan-drama-intv-mtv.jpg[ /img ]. If posted in General Discussion, this would show up as a picture of Lindsay Lohan in the post. (Remove the spaces in the tags, of course.)

Last edited: Jan 7, 2005
  5. Jan 7, 2005 #4

Janitor

Science Advisor

Okay, I guess 'embed' was the key word. :blushing:

6. Jan 8, 2005 #5

Integral

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I placed the pics on my comcast web space then as Loseyouname said placed a link inside [_img_] tags. When I did that there was a button, along with the hyperlink and quote buttons which gave me the tags. I don't see it now.~^

Let me try it with this pic.

[​IMG]

Hummm... doesn't seem to work now!

Last edited: Jan 8, 2005
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?