How does one know when atchmnt is approved?

• Thread starter Shooting Star
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses a question about being notified of an attachment's approval without visiting the page repeatedly. The suggestion is given to use the Report button if it is not approved within a few hours. The use of the word "hack" is explained and the possibility of being notified of approval is discussed, with the mentor offering to assist if needed. The conversation ends with a thank you for the advice.
Shooting Star
Homework Helper
Suppose I want to see an attachment, which is pending approval. Is there any way, like subscribing to the thread or something, which'll let me know when it has been approved?

Physics news on Phys.org
hack it

When it is approved you will be able to see it.

If something is not approved within a few hours use the Report button in the lower left hand corner. This will bring it to our attention, approval should not be long in comming after that. (Sometimes) :smile:

Integral said:
When it is approved you will be able to see it.

If something is not approved within a few hours use the Report button in the lower left hand corner. This will bring it to our attention, approval should not be long in comming after that. (Sometimes) :smile:

Of course. But my question was about whether I could be notified of the approval without repeatedly visiting the page.

Jekertee said:
hack it

hack –verb (used with object) 1. to cut, notch, slice, chop, or sever (something) with or as with heavy, irregular blows (often fol. by up or down)

Like I feel like doing after getting your advice? :smile:

Shooting star said:
But my question was about whether I could be notified of the approval without repeatedly visiting the page.
Not that I know of. (By the way, if you're waiting for something to be approved and you see me or another mentor on line, just shoot me a PM and I'll take care of it.)

Doc Al said:
Not that I know of. (By the way, if you're waiting for something to be approved and you see me or another mentor on line, just shoot me a PM and I'll take care of it.)

Thanks a lot. This was just a general question. But I'll remember the tip.

1. How can I tell if my attachment has been approved?

There are a few ways to check if your attachment has been approved. One way is to look for an email notification or confirmation from the organization or individual in charge of approving attachments. Another way is to check the status of your attachment on the online platform or system where you submitted it. If the status says "approved" or "accepted", then your attachment has been approved.

2. How long does it usually take for an attachment to be approved?

The time it takes for an attachment to be approved can vary depending on the organization or individual in charge. Some may have a quick approval process, while others may take longer. It is best to check with the specific organization or individual for an estimated timeline.

3. Can an attachment be rejected after it has been approved?

In some cases, an attachment may be approved initially but later rejected if it is found to be non-compliant or does not meet the necessary requirements. However, this is not common and most attachments that are approved will remain approved.

4. Is there a way to expedite the approval process for an attachment?

Some organizations or individuals may offer expedited approval processes for certain attachments, especially if there is an urgent need for them. However, this is not always available and may come at an additional cost. It is best to check with the specific organization or individual for their policies on expediting approval.

5. What should I do if my attachment is not approved?

If your attachment is not approved, it is important to review the reasons for the rejection and make any necessary changes or revisions. You can then resubmit the attachment for approval. It is also helpful to reach out to the organization or individual for further clarification on why the attachment was not approved and how it can be improved for future submissions.