Twinax Theory: How Does Twinax Work?

• Thread starter HPRF
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Work
In summary, Twinax Theory is a scientific theory that explains the principles behind how twinax cables work by studying electromagnetic fields and their propagation. These specialized cables use two twisted copper conductors surrounded by a shield to minimize interference and allow for high-speed and reliable data transmission. Twinax Theory has various applications in networking, telecommunications, and other industries for its robustness and reliability. Advantages of using twinax cables include high bandwidth capabilities, low latency, and low susceptibility to interference, as well as a longer maximum transmission distance. However, there are limitations to Twinax Theory, such as its unsuitability for long-distance transmission over 100 meters and its lack of flexibility for installation in tight spaces.
HPRF
Hi,

I am investigating a device that I think shows similar properties to twinax, but I am unable to find any theory on it.

Does anyone know of any websites or books that explain the theory behind twinax; equivalent circuits of twinax would be especially helpful...

Thanks in advance,

Daniel

Last edited:
Engineering news on Phys.org
Hi,

I don't think the previous message was clear enough.

What I am looking for is theory that describes the interaction between the the two individual coax's in twinax.

1. What is Twinax Theory?

Twinax Theory is a scientific theory that explains the principles behind how twinax cables work. It involves the study of electromagnetic fields and how they propagate through these specialized cables.

2. How does Twinax work?

Twinax cables work by using two conductors, typically copper, that are twisted together and surrounded by a shield. The twisting of the conductors helps to minimize interference, while the shield helps to protect the signal from external interference. This allows for a high-speed and reliable transmission of data.

3. What are the applications of Twinax Theory?

Twinax Theory has various applications, such as in networking and telecommunications, where it is used to transmit data between devices, such as computers and routers. It is also used in high-speed data transfer for systems like RAID storage and in aerospace and military applications for its robustness and reliability.

4. What are the advantages of using Twinax cables?

Twinax cables offer several advantages, including high bandwidth capabilities, low latency, and low susceptibility to interference. They also have a longer maximum transmission distance compared to other types of cables, making them suitable for long-distance data transfer.

5. Are there any limitations to Twinax Theory?

While Twinax Theory is a well-established and reliable theory, it does have some limitations. These include the fact that it is not suitable for long-distance transmission over 100 meters, and it is not as flexible as other types of cables, making it more challenging to install in tight spaces.