How does your Garden grow? part 2

• Thread starter Astronuc
  • Start date
  • Tags
    garden
In summary, a squirrel dug into a few of the plants and the gardener is now picking out pepper plants to try. Some people like sweet peppers, others like hot peppers, and one plant is different from the others. The plant that did well started flowering this year after being neglected for two years.
Searching, ...
  • I am guessing that this facebook page for the group Pacific Northwest Mushroom and Identification Forum would be your best bet at quickly getting some decent feedback.
  • I found a lot of ads for molecular IDing mushrooms. Location of intended use was not obvious at that level. Regular updating of their search or compare algorhythm with more recent findings would be important.
  • Maybe contact the Pacific NW Research Station (part of the US Forest Service). They may not have a mycologist there, but they might be able to give you some direction for further inquiries.
  • You could peruse the OSU Forestry Dept (or whatever it is). That's where all the research in the state on forestry issues would be in Oregon. There would probably be a similar group somewhere in Washington State.

Likes OmCheeto
Physics news on Phys.org
This was an especially brutal winter, and it doesn't seem to want to let go as the Spring so far has been rather cooler than usual.

But, there's hope in the air! Today, I spotted the first flowers blooming in my garden! Hooray!

IMG_1428.JPG

IMG_1429.JPG

IMG_1430.JPG

Zz.

Likes Astronuc, dlgoff, zonde and 2 others
I live in central Alaska so most growing is done indoors. In south central my Grandfather had a square mile of potatoes plus a few other veggies on the shore of Wasilla Lake. Summers in the 1950's were spent on the farm.
Indoor limits me to herbs and spices that last a while. Three months growing a root veggie gone in a single meal is counter productive. Although exotic cucumbers are a treat.
Very hot peppers work well, as do herbal teas. Cats get into catnip before it finishes growing. Lemongrass actually grows better outside.
The pictured plant has over 100 flower pods, not easily achievable outdoors.
More than 100 pods showing in this photo.JPG

My physics background came in extremely handy when buying the artificial lights, literally hundreds of choices. 90% could be eliminated just by understanding the specification sheets.

Likes epenguin
Sometimes things grow too well.

My two peach trees:
peaches.jpg

One of my apple trees:
apples.jpg

Likes Astronuc, nsaspook and Borg
Odd summer weather has the tomatoes late this year.
48642205718_7b0c20ed99_b_d.jpg

Likes dlgoff
It's been a good year for onions
onions.jpg

Likes collinsmark
Our blueberries are coming in late this year. Normally, the first blueberries rippen in early to mid June, but this year, they only began to rippen last week. We have six bushes of different varieties, and only one started to rippen so far. The rest are full of green berries.

Our little jungle
DSC_0052.JPG

We had some severe drought here at summer: everything went survival mode, even with daily watering... But then we had two months of normal weather and the plants are finally back to business again 🌿

Likes collinsmark, OmCheeto and BillTre