How does your Garden grow?

• #3,376
Thanks, I read about the fungus and that's not in there.
They are all crunchy so now all I need to is figure out where to use them. I was thinking of making my own curry paste.

• #3,377
lisab
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
This last weekend, I planted soooo many garlics. My husband and I would like to have a part-time farm when we retire, and since it would be difficult to start a farm from scratch when when we're in our 60s we figured we'd start now.

Likes dlgoff
  • #3,378
Evo
Mentor
This last weekend, I planted soooo many garlics. My husband and I would like to have a part-time farm when we retire, and since it would be difficult to start a farm from scratch when when we're in our 60s we figured we'd start now.
ME ME ME!! I want to come help you farm! Do you have a shack I could live in?

Spawn of Evil is moving to Portland in May. :L

Actually, the trunk of my car is the size of a small bedroom, I could live in there. :D I'd just need a few extension cords, or some batteries. I grew up around farms and have extensive farming knowledge. Right now I have a citrus orchard in my bedroom.

Om, how close are you?

:p

Last edited:
  • #3,379
dlgoff
Science Advisor
Gold Member
ME ME ME!! I want to come help you farm! Do you have a shack I could live in?
Maybe you could you be her hard cider tester.

• #3,380
Can anyone identify this plant. I bought it last summer at Lowes. It had a little tag on it which is long gone. It struggled all summer with the heat here in AZ. I put it in a spot where it only got the morning sun. Then fall came and winter didn't until recently. We had a lot of days with the temps running from 70's to 80's and that little plant started growing like a weed. It is definitely a climber. The blooms are unusual in that they last so long.

They blooms last so long they start to fade for from the few hours of sunlight that they do get. I am wondering if this is a perennial plant. If it is I would like to protect it from freezing because winter is eventually going to get here. I love plants I just can't tell one from the other.

243n96r.jpg

• #3,381
lisab
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Can anyone identify this plant. I bought it last summer at Lowes. It had a little tag on it which is long gone. It struggled all summer with the heat here in AZ. I put it in a spot where it only got the morning sun. Then fall came and winter didn't until recently. We had a lot of days with the temps running from 70's to 80's and that little plant started growing like a weed. It is definitely a climber. The blooms are unusual in that they last so long.

They blooms last so long they start to fade for from the few hours of sunlight that they do get. I am wondering if this is a perennial plant. If it is I would like to protect it from freezing because winter is eventually going to get here. I love plants I just can't tell one from the other.

243n96r.jpg
Mandevilla vine?

Likes edward
  • #3,382
Mandevilla vine?
Ding, ding, ding that rings a bell. I am pretty sure that is it. The big box stores and big nurseries have a lot of varieties of the same plant and they distribute to large areas. We get a lot of plants here that really belong in Southern California.

Thanks