1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How early to think of graduate school?

1. Nov 16, 2005 #1
    Alright, here is my situation, I am at a smaller state school, no PhD programs but a few masters, in my 3rd year of 5 (hopefully). I am getting a BS with Math (applied), Physics (professional, its pretty much basic stuff that should prepare you for grad school), and Chemistry (business, I only go through physical chem) majors, than I am planning to stick around a semester to finish a BBA-Finance major, so I can start a Masters program in the Fall. Grades wise I am not that good--Math is about a 3.1 (out of 4.0), physics 3.7, chem 3.7.

Would it be out of the question to try a dual masters in PhD track math and physics. If it is possible can I do it in 3 years or less, I have been taking 20+ units a semester now so I am thinking a load of 12 units should be doable in grad school.

Also would taking the GRE math and physics subject tests be a good idea, right now I am looking for Midwest/Great Lakes region Universities for grad school.

Any suggestions on schools that have good math and physics masters programs, best I can find is Chicago. Or would a smaller school like UW-Milwaukee be alright. Thanks.

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you help with the solution or looking for help too?
Draft saved Draft deleted