Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How exactly do they make milk from a bean?

1. May 3, 2003 #1

Greg Bernhardt

Staff: Admin

Why can this magical bean be made into anything? How exactly do they make milk from a bean?

Last edited: Feb 4, 2013
  2. jcsd
  3. May 3, 2003 #2
    its magical in that taken in sufficiently high amounts, it could turn a male into a female

I'm not sure of the specifics, but soy 'milk' is just milk in texture... i'm sure you could turn things like potatoes into 'potato milk', but then again, i suppose you would just call it soup.

4. May 4, 2003 #3
    My guess would be because Soy is so complete in that it has most of the 20 amino acids.

Why that would have anything to do with the fact that they make it into milk...I don't know.

5. May 5, 2003 #4
    Re: Soy

You know, I really have no idea. I only drink soy or almond milks, because I'm lactose-intolerant, but I've never found out how they make it into so many things.

I'll have to do some research...

6. May 5, 2003 #5

kat

This is the site that I learned to make soy and nut milks from. It has quite a bit of information.

SEED, NUT AND SOY MILK

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?