Test Your Speed: 10 Fast Fingers

• Thread starter WiFO215
  • Start date
In summary: I tend to be near 55 now, and I never exceeded 59 not did I perform less than 50.- I expected the statistics to be worse than gaussian, because I correct myself on the way. It looks like it's a pretty bad idea to delete typos, but I can't help.- 45 with 1 mistake and 46 with 0. That's better than I expected. I still look at the keyboard and that story wasn't exactly reading material that I could easily remember while typing.- Took two trial runs to "limber up" those fingers :tongue:
First try: I had 101 words (610 characters) per minute but with 14 errors.

I don't like the test for two reasons:
(1) Most of those 14 errors I knew were errors, particularly a burst of 6 or 7 at the very end when my fingers got off. The style of the test doesn't allow me to correct these errors, thus my accuracy was the pits. :frown: (My normal typing really does involve errors and making corrections)

(2) The timing of when it advances to the next paragraph slows me down, and several of my errors were on the first new word as I stumble into it. :frown:

Physics news on Phys.org
Is cheating allowed?

I right clicked the page, select "View page source", cut pasted the words.

But it seems like I'm slow in cut pasting too :yuck:

Hurkyl said:
First try: I had 101 words (610 characters) per minute but with 14 errors.

I don't like the test for two reasons:
(1) Most of those 14 errors I knew were errors, particularly a burst of 6 or 7 at the very end when my fingers got off. The style of the test doesn't allow me to correct these errors, thus my accuracy was the pits. :frown:

(2) The timing of when it advances to the next paragraph slows me down, and several of my errors were on the first new word as I stumble into it. :frown:

wow now THATS fast. If you could correct those mistakes before u press space... as in catch them while your typing there's no question you wuold be able to get up to 120.

This is how fast i used to think i cuold type about 110 wpm but clearlny not.

jobyts said:
Is cheating allowed?

I right clicked the page, select "View page source", cut pasted the words.

But it seems like I'm slow in cut pasting too :yuck:

It's probably quicker to type!

cristo said:
I reckon a test like that is harder than typing a passage of text that makes sense. Try this site: http://www.typeonline.co.uk/typingspeed.php. There are several passages (though some have grammatical errors!). I got 80 and 83 words per minute, with a couple of mistakes each time.

On Cristo's test I got 77 wpm with Robert Frost. I made one mistake, but it was because my v key is haing issues. (See?)

I don't touch type properly, by the way. I use three fingers on each hand, except for the pinky on the right side, which I use to hit ' and ENTER.

I got 66 words per min one mistake

97 wpm with 1 mistake and the first try. I've gotten pretty good at typing from typera.tk. You have to get exact punctuation and capitalization. Best I've done on that is 107 wpm.

Tried again and got

443 points, so you achieved position 692 of 143626 on the ranking list

You type 611 characters per minute
You have 114 correct words and
you have 4 wrong words

Last edited:
Is this question in regard to typing or orgasms?

97 words per minute. 4 errors. I knew I typed all four errors as I typed them, but since you can't go back after hitting the space bar I couldn't correct them (this doesn't stop me from wasting the time hitting backspace several times in an attempt to go back of course)

I got 72 wpm on the first try when I got off by a word when the page froze up for a second. Ended up with 7 wrong, which were all in a row.

Second try, and I was going back to fix corrections (missed one i guess). I'll try later and see what happens when I don't go back and edit mistakes.

You type 439 characters per minute
You have 84 correct words and
you have 1 wrong words

"409 points, so you achieved position 277 of 22908 on the ranking list

You type 542 characters per minute
You have 101 correct words and
you have 3 wrong words"

I hat teping!11!11!

I'm so fast I can turn out the light and be in bed before the room gets dark! :biggrin:

My typing speed is best characterized by postings on PF. Write, rewrite, think again, correct, reformat and start over---about 5 words per minute.

This is fun... 80 wpm 5 mistakes :D haha...
then 85 wpm 2 mistakes... I think I won't be able to sleep!

Tsu said:
I'm so fast I can turn out the light and be in bed before the room gets dark! :biggrin:

By any chance, do you have sodium vapor lamp in your bedroom? :biggrin:

I think that's the one that takes minutes to completely turn off.

102 correct and 4 incorrect. I actually surprised myself -- I didn't think I was this fast. I would have pegged myself at 80wpm, max.

75 wpm on the first try and 95 on the second? Wow, my speed is really variable!