Do science nerds light weights?

In summary: I enjoyed exercising. I used to play soccer and weight lift regularly, but I don't feel like it anymore. It's just a hassle and to start seeing any results you need to stick with it for at least several weeks. It seems I always either get sick, injured, or something else comes up that makes me take a break for a week or two, then I get to start all over.In summary, the author is a science type guy who has achieved a lot of success in his extracurricular activities. He has since lost interest in exercising, citing a lack of results and difficulty in sticking with it as reasons. He also recommends that people focus on the journey,
I like to think I'm pretty fit.

I do weigh 225 and some may think that is a lot, but a lot of it is muscle. Most people are surprised I weigh over 200 when I tell them, since I am thinner than most people expect for a guy who has that weight.

I work out regularly. I can jog a mile in 8 minutes, and I don't have much of a gut, either.

I have also taken up Judo, which is incredibly fun. Also, if you have a good sensei, they'll teach you how to modify some throws to use in self defence. I seriously recommend it for a great workout.

Working out is something that keeps me sane. If I spent all my time sitting in a chair in front of a computer I would lose it.

Physics news on Phys.org
I got a black and blue belt in judo.

Black and blue?

i lift 3 days a week, big compound exercises everyday too, none of this pansy machine stuff, swim 2 days a week, mma 2 days a week and run sundays. yes that's exercise every day of the week. this summer i went to the gym twice a day, lift in the morning 4 days a week and swam at night and then on the off lift days swam twice a day.

wolram said:
I got a black and blue belt in judo.
:rofl: Did you belt him back?

Art said:
Why do Welsh sheep farmers wear Levi button-fly jeans?

Because a sheep can hear a zipper at 100 yards

That joke is originally about Scottish farmers and kilts. So, as a Scot, I take grreat offense, an ah'll do yeh up a trrick, mate!

I hate excersize. It bores me to death. The only excersize I have ever been able to stand is doing something fun that happens to be excersize aswell. Some friends of mine and I used to spar with shinai (bamboo swords) and that was amazing fun. I could keep it up for hours. I would be sore the next day but being unable to move my hand due to the rapping my knuckles took usually took my mind off that.

I used to walk a lot when my car was broken down. That wasn't so bad, though it took hours out of my day and I had little time for anything but work. If it was only a couple miles to my job and I didn't need a lot of stuff with me I would probably walk it. It would certainly save on gas.

Im in the college soccer and basketball teams, play a lot of table tennis, run about 3km everyday, lift weights 4-5 times a week and am usually in the top 10% of my class.