1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How hard is it to get into Irvine or Davis for a Masters in Mathematics?

1. May 13, 2009 #1
    I currently have a 3.4 overall GPA at a top 5 engineering school and GRE scores of quant 800, verbal 580 and a math subject score of 820. My GPA was horrible during my first two years of school (I hovered around a 2.0). However in the last three semesters I have received straight A's and have taken 5 graduate level math classes and am planning on taking 3 more before I graduate. I have little research experience (no papers published, just supervised research under a professor). What are my chances of getting into UC Davis or UC Irvine for their MS programs in mathematics? Are there any other schools I should apply to in case my application looks weak?
    Thanks, :smile:

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted