Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How i can hack ?

1. Mar 4, 2007 #1
    how can i edit an opengl32.dll file:confused:
    and i try notbad, word ,...etc

Last edited: Mar 4, 2007
  2. jcsd
  3. Mar 4, 2007 #2
    notepad, word, wordpad, dreamweaver, photoshop.. :smile:

4. Mar 4, 2007 #3

verty

Homework Helper

You'll need a hex editor or perhaps a disassembler. You'll also need a boat-load of knowledge.

5. Mar 5, 2007 #4
    go to Start
    Click "Run..."
    In the box that pops up, type "Format C:" (not the quotes)
    Then, follow the instructions.
    Make sure to press "Y" to any yes/no questions it asks. This is very important.

If you do this, you will be given super hacking powers!

In fact, I make sure to do this every time I build a new computer.

6. Mar 5, 2007 #5
    If the DLL has anything worth editing, you can "hack it" (moreover you can open it) using a useful utility called ResHacker.

7. Mar 5, 2007 #6
    a dynamicly linked library file is just an executable that gets called on by multiple programs, resource hacker is just a dissassembler, meaning it will get you back to assembly language level. now you have to seperate the system calls and figure out whats passing or being passed, the rest is just reverse engineering. more to it of course (lots of os and asm, data structure knowelege) but this basicly it.

8. Mar 5, 2007 #7
    BoredNL xD you're a mean mean man.. But i actually also do this every time I build a new computer, so it's true enough..

9. Mar 5, 2007 #8
    You cant format the HD that the system files are on from inside the OS, all the files are locked.

10. Mar 5, 2007 #9
    Anttech thats right, but I think it was meant to be a joke..

11. Mar 5, 2007 #10
    A joke is suppose to be funny isnt it? :smile:

12. Mar 5, 2007 #11
    I guess so.. Don't think hagopbul would have found it funny if he actually accidentally formatted his computer

13. Mar 7, 2007 #12
    i know all that and i anderstand the jok
    but you dont know the file that i am asking about?
    you dont know what is opengl32 :confused:

14. Mar 7, 2007 #13
    Just Googled opengl32 you gets lots on info. Basically hacking into it is a way of cheating in OpenGL games. Isn't playing fairly more challenging?

15. Mar 7, 2007 #14
    opengl is the counterpart to directx right.. I remember playing counter strike, and when I got bored i dl'et cheats (sorry).. Some of em was opengl cheats, that could make the walls in a single colour to make people more easy to see, or other kind of "colour-hack" :P

16. Mar 7, 2007 #15

russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

You really need to be specific about what you want to do. A lot of what is in that file is plain text and can as Anttech suggested, be modified with a text editor.

17. Mar 8, 2007 #16
    You can't format the C drive. Go ahead and try it..

lol

Haven't you ever told someone who wanted to "hack" in their video game that to unlock the cheats they had to press ALT + F4? (the funny thing is that they think they are "hackers")

pffft, you guys are no fun.

18. Mar 9, 2007 #17
    Yes, you can format the C drive.. But not in that way.. People here take things too serious, can't even see the joke..

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2007
  19. Mar 9, 2007 #18
    Oh well, that's ok. If it doesn't strike them as funny, that's their loss, right? :)

I should start a thread saying "how i make server" and they will then not be snide with me, right? Or I should ask how to hack some video game so I can cheat in it and they will respect me. ;)

Btw, I know you can format the c drive, lol. I was letting it be assumed that I was referring to while windows was running off of that drive when the format attempt was being made.

20. Mar 11, 2007 #19
    good

i want to chang some off my video card drive feature not hacking in some game i dont have time for that:rofl: :rofl: :zzz:

Last edited: Mar 11, 2007
  21. Mar 11, 2007 #20

russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

Most games have a video settings file that can be edited with a text editor as well...

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?