How important is sex to you?

On a scale of 0 to 10, how important is sex to you?

Votes: 6 15.0%

Votes: 1 2.5%

Votes: 5 12.5%

Votes: 5 12.5%

Votes: 8 20.0%

Votes: 3 7.5%

Votes: 10 25.0%
  • Polling for sex should be private

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Evo
Mentor
Loren Booda said:
Dreamer,

Wake up to reality. You have quite an imagination. Properly presented with personal experiences, sexuality is a science.

Trust your parents before you trust us. If you cannot share with them, try a school counselor or a religious leader.
Excellent advice Loren.

Dreamer, sorry to disappoint you, but you won't get kewl information about sex and discussions here do not go into detail about experiences.

Gokul43201
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
If only Holly had seen that !!!

GCT
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
I would say that sex is the most overrated...out of everything. The best pleasures allow one to realize what was so great of the pleasure, its significance, after the pleasure a sense of control, mastery, intellectual stimulation. There is really nothing to feel after sex, in fact, there is no more repulsive feeling than that as one feels after sex, a kind of a confused, disoriented feeling. This is probably why sex is so addictive so some people, they keep going back in search of its significance or rather they cannot escape it because they are not able to realize its insignificance, they don't understand it at all. It is the greatest ignorance and thus some people ignorantly consider it their greatest pleasure.

-------
Help with chemistry
http://groups.msn.com/GeneralChemistryHomework [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
Math Is Hard
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
GeneralChemTutor said:
There is really nothing to feel after sex, in fact, there is no more repulsive feeling than that as one feels after sex, a kind of a confused, disoriented feeling.
You're not much of a cuddler, are you? :wink:

Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Dreamer said:
My friends would never talk like on this, but here i can hopefully hear a lot about sex while my mom thinks im just learning science. :wink:
Sorry, but all you're going to learn here IS science. If your mom would object to you reading about this topic, you really shouldn't be here.

loseyourname
Staff Emeritus
Gold Member
GeneralChemTutor said:
I would say that sex is the most overrated...out of everything. The best pleasures allow one to realize what was so great of the pleasure, its significance, after the pleasure a sense of control, mastery, intellectual stimulation. There is really nothing to feel after sex, in fact, there is no more repulsive feeling than that as one feels after sex, a kind of a confused, disoriented feeling.
You feel confused and disoriented after sex? I feel relaxed and content. Sex is an Aristotelian catharsis. It is also a very versatile act. It can be engaged in purely for physical pleasure, or it can be the most intimate of shared moments between loving partners. It can be an act of of frivolous midday joy or even
the conception of a brand new life.

What is its significance? For one thing, it is a good deal of what your physiology, hormone cycles, and behavioral traits are built around. It is conducive to both mental and physical health. If you don't feel in control while engaging in intercourse, then perhaps you just aren't doing it right. There is a great deal of liberation both in the focus on catering to your partner's needs as well as in knowing that they are doing the same for you. You want intellectual stimulation? Why? I, for one, want a little escape every now and then from my overactive intellect. I appreciate sex precisely because it is not an intellectual act. It is like meditation, focusing all of my mind and body simultaneously on the passion and lust I feel for one human being. Sex is anything but overrated.

lol!!! loseyouname saying he gets it every day isnt science! Passion and lust, thats kewl. :rofl: and why shouldnt i be on here, who cares, if its on here, then its okay, im over 13, thats the rule here. Keep it UP everyone, im learning lots of science then!!! :wink: any girls my age want to say anything? everyone seems pretty old. :biggrin: Thats okay, im not prejuduce against anyone. i think your all pretty kewl. Rock on. Lots of kewl stuff to read on here, everyone except some pretty openminded.

What is the term on discussion groups for one person to adopt two personae, two user names?

Evo
Mentor
Loren Booda said:
What is the term on discussion groups for one person to adopt two personae, two user names?
I don't know if it has a particular name, but it would be frowned upon. I would like to be notified of any possible instances where this could be occuring. We wish to maintain the integrity of PF, and I do not feel that one person parading as two or more members would be conducive to this.

Dreamer said:
lol!!! loseyouname saying he gets it every day isnt science! Passion and lust, thats kewl. :rofl: and why shouldnt i be on here, who cares, if its on here, then its okay, im over 13, thats the rule here. Keep it UP everyone, im learning lots of science then!!! :wink: any girls my age want to say anything? everyone seems pretty old. :biggrin: Thats okay, im not prejuduce against anyone. i think your all pretty kewl. Rock on. Lots of kewl stuff to read on here, everyone except some pretty openminded.
Yer I am glad there is another teenager posting but act mature man. This isn't really the thread for 'asking out'. Normally the idea comes in other threads but this one has to be talked about with maturaty.

Nevertheless I am going to say that the posters here are not old. None of them. All still young and active. :approve:

The Bob (2004 ©)

Phobos
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Loren Booda said:
sockpuppet

and like Evo said, it's frowned upon (akin to trolls)

loseyourname
Staff Emeritus
Gold Member
Are you serious? Sockpuppet? I've never heard that one.