1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How is Actuarial Mathematics?

Tags:
  1. Feb 15, 2006 #1
    The course is a 400 level course but when I look at the description of it, I'm thinking it should be easy. Am I wrong?

Course description: Topics include the economics of insurance, individual risk models for a short term, survival distributions and life tables, life insurance per year, life annuities, and net premiums.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2006
  2. jcsd
  3. Feb 25, 2006 #2
  4. Jul 15, 2006 #3
    Can someone leave any remarks on this course?

5. Jul 15, 2006 #4

0rthodontist

Science Advisor

It would totally depend on what school you're taking it at and who the professor is. The best thing to do is to get a copy of the complete syllabus and look carefully at the pace of topics covered, and take a look in the book to see what they are. Look at an old final exam copy if it's available. Then if you're still not sure, ask the professor about how challenging he/she intends to make the course.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2006
  6. Jul 16, 2006 #5
    And find out who the prof is and go to www.ratemyprofessors.com and look at what other students say about him!

7. Jul 16, 2006 #6
    That's a good idea, I have the book and will look through it.

This professor teaches so many courses that it's not even funny and most people hate him. So, ratings relating to the course I'm looking for this proffesor is rare.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?