How long do saved drafts last?

• Thread starter BillTre
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the issue of a saved draft disappearing and the confusion surrounding the "Save Draft" option on the website. It is clarified that the little disk icon above the space for typing is the "Save Draft" option and the "Upload" button is for adding images to posts. The time limit for saving drafts has been extended to 48 hours and the option is only accessible through the disk icon.
BillTre
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I started a new post a coulple of days ago, but had other things to deal with before I finished it, so I saved the draft.
The draft was there yesterday, but now it is gone.

Did I do something wrong?
Is there a time limit for saved drafts?
Is something broke with the website?

Physics news on Phys.org
Sorry Bill! 24 hours but I've increased it to 48 hours now.

Likes BillTre and jim mcnamara
Thanks Greg.
Now I know.

Looking for any "Save Draft" option...?
No such option no such link
--Preview-- ?
Nothing there.

Why do we see an UPLOAD button? To what/to where?

Only three things can be done:
POST REPLY, PREVIEW, and UPLOAD.
I see no button for SAVE DRAFT.

Its the little disk icon above the space in which you type the text for a response or new thread.
Between x2 and the counterclockwise circular arrow (redo).

Upload is for putting an image on your computer into a post.

Likes Greg Bernhardt
BillTre said:
Its the little disk icon above the space in which you type the text for a response or new thread.
Between x2 and the counterclockwise circular arrow (redo).

Upload is for putting an image on your computer into a post.
NOW I see it. The mouse-over caption does say, "Drafts". Earlier I missed seeing.

1. How long do saved drafts typically last?

The length of time that saved drafts last can vary depending on the specific platform or software being used. Some platforms may have a default setting of saving drafts for 30 days, while others may allow users to adjust the duration of saved drafts.

2. Can I retrieve a saved draft after a certain amount of time has passed?

In most cases, yes. As long as the saved draft has not been manually deleted or the time limit for saved drafts has not expired, you should be able to retrieve it. However, it is always a good idea to regularly check and save important drafts to avoid losing them.

3. What happens to saved drafts when they expire?

When a saved draft expires, it is typically deleted from the platform or software. This means that it will no longer be accessible and any changes or edits made to the draft will be lost. It is important to regularly save and backup important drafts to avoid losing them.

4. Is there a maximum number of saved drafts that can be stored?

This can vary depending on the platform or software being used. Some may have a limit on the number of saved drafts, while others may have unlimited storage. It is best to check the specific platform or software's guidelines for more information.

5. Can I access saved drafts from different devices?

In most cases, yes. As long as you are logged into the same account on different devices, you should be able to access and edit saved drafts. However, it is always a good idea to check the specific platform or software's guidelines to ensure compatibility and accessibility.