How many different alien forms are there?

• Thread starter wolram
  • Start date
wolram
Gold Member
They have been around for some time now, but where did the idea of little green
men come from, or the big eyed hairless Ivan type, how many different alien forms are there ?

Answers and Replies

It's just a distoration of the human shape produced from nightmares and dreams.

JamesU
Gold Member
[random crap]This is funny because the maury show just came on and they said something about aliens...[/random crap]

The standard for the appearance of "greys" comes from the guy who wrote communion I believe. Or at least the artist who did his cover art.

Danger
Gold Member
yomamma said:
[random crap]This is funny because the maury show just came on and they said something about aliens...[/random crap]
If you watch Maury, you are an alien.

Last edited:
Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Although the first definitive description of the classic gray alien comes from Betty and Barney Hill, ca. 1961, there were similar references in movies, as well as hints in earlier, historical accounts; depending of course on how you wish to interpret things.

JamesU
Gold Member
Danger, it came on. It was just a bunch of rednecks taking lie detetor tests.

Danger
Gold Member
A likely excuse. :rolleyes:
I'll let you get away with it this time, but if you ever reference him again... :devil:

Danger said:
A likely excuse. :rolleyes:
I'll let you get away with it this time, but if you ever reference him again... :devil:

We'll cut you up and feed you to tribdog, you go that? Good. Artman, make with the clamps.

yomamma said:
Danger, it came on. It was just a bunch of rednecks taking lie detetor tests.

you were talking about the show a few days ago too....

I'm onto you!

wolram
Gold Member
yomamma said:

What is Maury and what is so bad about him/her/it ?

SpaceTiger
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
wolram said:
They have been around for some time now, but where did the idea of little green men come from,

Yet another excuse to beat up on the Irish?

Doesnt E=MC2 limit where aliens can come from, as long as we accept that this law cannot be broken?

wolram
Gold Member
SpaceTiger said:
Yet another excuse to beat up on the Irish?

The little people of Ireland will not be pleased if they are called aliens :smile:

Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
wolram said:
The little people of Ireland will not be pleased if they are called aliens :smile:

The Abu Gogo?

Danger
Gold Member
wolram said:
What is Maury and what is so bad about him/her/it ?
You wouldn't believe it if we told you. Let's just say that it's the lowest level to which Yank TV could sink, compared to which anything else on the air is a Mensa meeting.

wolram
Gold Member
Ivan Seeking said:
The Abu Gogo?

No Ivan, you will know when the little people are around, your whisky seems to get watered down and your furnature moved around.

SpaceTiger
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
wolram said:
The little people of Ireland will not be pleased if they are called aliens.

You'll be in your cold, cold grave before I ever apologize to a leprechaun.

wolram said:
Well they kind of are if they go to differnt place the word Alien means stanger.But there not Extra-terrestials.

Evo
Mentor
wolram said:
No Ivan, you will know when the little people are around, your whisky seems to get watered down and your furnature moved around.
When my whiskey disappears, the furniture starts to move. <hic> :redface:

Entropy said:
It's just a distoration of the human shape produced from nightmares and dreams.
I herd of that I saw a video on the Internet once and it said the designs came form an artisist/pschlologist who talked people how said they where abducted by aliens(which are probally just common sleeping disorder where you open your eyes during REM sleep) and that what they said look like and everone staterd copieing around him and that's where it comes from.

Evo
Mentor
We have got to get spell check back...I can't take this anymore.

Aliens are harmless, but don't ask them for a ride home.

edward said:
Aliens are harmless, but don't ask them for a ride home.
Obiviously you havn't herd what the abductee's said what happend when they got abducted.You don't want to know I didn't go to sleep on the night I found out(I know people don't really get abducted by aliens but it was disturbing)