1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How Many Film Frame Question

1. Oct 7, 2015 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data
    The height of motion picture film's frame is 35 cm.If 24 frame go by 1 sec calculate the total number of frames required to show ia 2h long motion picture.

2. Relevant equations
    simple Equation which I dont need to write here I guess

3. The attempt at a solution
    The Height of motion picture is 35 cm which is the confusing part for me.1 sec 24 frame goes mean 1 hour 24x3600 frame goes in 2 hour 2x24x3600.Is that true ?? .Is the height in there just a extra ?*

Last edited: Oct 7, 2015
  2. jcsd
  3. Oct 7, 2015 #2

RUber

Homework Helper

I am not sure you included the full question. The total number of what? 35cm seems quite large for a frame?
    You calculated the number of frames in 2 hours. 2*24*3600 frames. Is that what the question is asking for, or is it asking for the length of film on a reel?

4. Oct 7, 2015 #3
    I wrtie the full question

5. Oct 7, 2015 #4
    I didnt understand too how can be 35 cm to film frame ?

6. Oct 7, 2015 #5

SteamKing

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Most motion pictures were shot on 35 mm film. A few blockbuster films also got copied to 70 mm film, both of which formats are considerably smaller than 35 cm filum.

It would take a crane to lift a can of 35 cm movie filum.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted