1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How many kN are in a Kg?

1. Aug 26, 2005 #1
    I have a question how many kN are in a Kg??? I have looked and cannot find it.
  2. jcsd
  3. Aug 26, 2005 #2

Gold Member

Newtons measure force, while grams measure mass, so there is no answer to your question. (Like "how many pounds are in a meter?") When you talk about how heavy something is, you may talk about either the object's mass or the force it requires be held up against gravity. In that case, on the surface of the earth, F=mg where g is about 9.81m/s^2. So if an object has a mass of 10kg, it has a weight of about 98.1N on the surface of the earth.
  4. Aug 26, 2005 #3
    There is a kilogram measure that measures force also thanks but I finally found the conversion. One kN equals 101.9716kg. See conversion web site http://www.onlineconversion.com/force.htm. thanks anyway!
  5. Aug 26, 2005 #4

Chi Meson

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

All together now:

"But, ..... sheesh!"
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?