How Many kN Convert to a Kg?

• Thread starter lilkrazyrae
  • Start date
In summary, kN (kilonewtons) and kg (kilograms) are both units of force, with kN being a larger unit. To convert kN to kg, you can use the formula 1 kN = 101.9716 kg. This means that 1 kilonewton is equivalent to 101.9716 kilograms. Therefore, to convert from kN to kg, simply multiply the number of kN by 101.9716.
lilkrazyrae
I have a question how many kN are in a Kg? I have looked and cannot find it.

Physics news on Phys.org
Newtons measure force, while grams measure mass, so there is no answer to your question. (Like "how many pounds are in a meter?") When you talk about how heavy something is, you may talk about either the object's mass or the force it requires be held up against gravity. In that case, on the surface of the earth, F=mg where g is about 9.81m/s^2. So if an object has a mass of 10kg, it has a weight of about 98.1N on the surface of the earth.

There is a kilogram measure that measures force also thanks but I finally found the conversion. One kN equals 101.9716kg. See conversion website http://www.onlineconversion.com/force.htm. thanks anyway!

All together now:

"But, ... sheesh!"

1. How many kN are in a Kg?

There are 0.00981 kN in 1 Kg.

2. Is kN the same as Kg?

No, kN (kilonewton) is a unit of force while Kg (kilogram) is a unit of mass. However, they can be converted to each other using the gravitational acceleration of the Earth.

3. How do I convert kN to Kg?

To convert kN to Kg, you can use the formula: Kg = kN / 0.00981. Alternatively, you can use an online conversion tool or a conversion chart.

4. How many kN are in 1000 Kg?

There are 9.81 kN in 1000 Kg.

5. Why do we use different units for force and mass?

Force and mass are two different physical quantities and therefore, have different units of measurement. Force measures the amount of push or pull on an object, while mass measures the amount of matter in an object.