How many of you watch tennis or European sports ?

In summary, most of the people in this conversation are no longer interested in watching football due to various reasons. Some of the people in the conversation still enjoy watching soccer and tennis, but find other sports more captivating.

Who here enjoys European sports?

• Yes , it's a good alternative

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • No , was never interested in it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ??? What's European sports

• Europeans my ***

• Just recently gained interest in European sports

• Total voters
GCT
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
My days of watching football are almost gone, I used to watch it with friends while tailgating , however they have all gotten married and are either in medical or law school, yes all of us have gone our own separate ways; they've remained in Iowa while I moved to Georgia. Do we converse on the phone? Yes, tailgate? No. My Chemistry coworkers don't seem to care about football either, they prefer baseball, which is not my thing nowadays.

How many of you enjoy soccer or tennis? Some of you may not enjoy soccer since this is primarily a European sport and Europe seems to have a condenscending manner towards the US in general i.e. The French hate us, Spain hates us, Russia may have wated to bomb us at some time, and the English believe that they are superior to us. Can any of you find it in your hearts to love European sports?

I'm becoming more and more attracted to soccer and have already been a fan of tennis. Btw, something is not right with this Nadal guy, same with Federer however he's just plain talented, not so certain about Nadal.

Physics news on Phys.org
GCT said:
Some of you may not enjoy soccer since this is primarily a European sport and Europe seems to have a condenscending manner towards the US in general i.e. The French hate us, Spain hates us, Russia may have wated to bomb us at some time, and the English believe that they are superior to us. Can any of you find it in your hearts to love European sports?

These comments, even if true, have nothing to do with the question you are asking. I'm, sorry, but the thread as it is is just phrased in a way to encourage anti-European slander.

Cricket's the ticket!

I love watching soccer; my wife and I watched quite a number of games of the 2008 Euro Cup. I also love watching tennis, but I don't do this very often.

Our TV only works with DVDs, so I only watch sports via the internet.

Everyone knows that American sports are just glamourised imitations of european sports anyway! :wink: American football is just a girls' version of Rugby; baseball is just a strangely corrupted copy of cricket; and basketball is just...errr...erm...:tongue2: Only joking! :smile:

For the record, I don't see what the origin of the sport has to do with whether you'd watch it or not?! OK, I might be a typical Englishman in the sense that I like football (soccer), rugby, cricket, a bit of tennis, snooker and darts (!), but if I could ever work out what they were trying to do in American football (or if anyone were to explain it to me!), I'm sure I could get into it. I certainly wouldn't refuse to watch it, just because it's American football!

Before responding, I only read the first paragraph. I also don't like the tone of the second parargraph. Also, what the heck does
GCT said:
Btw, something is not right with this Nadal guy

mean?

George Jones said:
Before responding, I only read the first paragraph. I also don't like the tone of the second parargraph. Also, what the heck does

mean?

He has no talent , yet he's number one, how on Earth is he better than Federer? His work ethic is above and beyond, yet something is strange about this, all of those muscles all of this perfection. Something seems very artificial here.

cristo said:
These comments, even if true, have nothing to do with the question you are asking. I'm, sorry, but the thread as it is is just phrased in a way to encourage anti-European slander.

I't's not not my intention to degrade European sports. I just wanted to know who here really enjoys European sports without the bias.

GCT said:
I't's not not my intention to degrade European sports. I just wanted to know who here really enjoys European sports without the bias.

Answers are biased so how do you expect unbiased results?

With the poll options how on Earth do you expect the poll to be unbiased?

Honestly , I don't sense any bias in the poll beside option number 4. Please clarify. Btw how do you change the answers on PF?

It's just a ridiculous poll for a loaded question in the opening post.

I used to love watching tennis but lost interest over the years. Those Borg-McEnroe matches were something else.

Also follow the Tour de France most years, but this time around only checked it out every 4-5 days and have already forgotten who won it this year. I guess without an American in contention it doesn't captivate me.

1. How many people watch tennis or European sports?

There is no exact number of people who watch tennis or European sports as it varies depending on the specific sport and region. However, millions of people around the world are known to be avid fans of these sports.

2. Is tennis or European sports more popular?

This also varies depending on the specific sport and region. For example, tennis may be more popular in countries like the United States and Australia, while European sports such as soccer and rugby may be more popular in Europe. It is difficult to determine which is more popular overall.

3. What are some popular European sports?

Some popular European sports include soccer, rugby, cricket, and handball. These sports have a large fan base in Europe and are played at both amateur and professional levels.

4. What are some popular tennis tournaments?

The four Grand Slam tournaments (Australian Open, French Open, Wimbledon, and US Open) are considered the most prestigious and popular tennis tournaments in the world. Other popular tournaments include the ATP and WTA Tour events, as well as the Davis Cup and Fed Cup.

5. Are there any differences in how people watch tennis or European sports?

Yes, there can be differences in how people watch these sports. For example, some may prefer to watch live matches in person, while others may prefer to watch on TV or online. Additionally, different regions may have varying traditions and rituals surrounding these sports, such as specific chants or fan culture.