Can Caffeine Overdose Be Fatal?

• Thread starter gravenewworld
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the amount of sodas one can drink before dying from caffeine overdose. The website referenced provides a calculator for determining the lethal dose of caffeine based on weight and soda consumption. Some users joke about their soda consumption and weight, while others mention the potential health benefits of tea and the irrelevance of weight without considering other factors like height and muscle mass.
gravenewworld
how many sodas can you drink before you will od on caffine and die?

http://www.punkasspunk.com/caffeine.php

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
I think the glucose will get u first.

well I think I'm safe @418 cans of tea before death

150 cans of Coca Cola and I'm a goner!

I reckon I've drunk that many in a week before. :smile:

It would take 432.25 cans of Coca-Cola Classic to kill you

in a row? I'd choke on my own vomit from being so full.

Yeah, your stomach volume is quite a bit smaller than the volume you'd need to consume to get a lethal dose of caffeine from soda.

But look on the bright side - if those ~95 liters (25 gallons) of soft drinks are refreshingly ice-cold, you'll burn 14.3 kcal (food calories) just by heating them up! That's almost a fraction of one soda can! The ice-water diet returns. :tongue2:

Hmm... it'll take less diet coke to kill me then regular coke...

look whos drinking healthy now :D

LOL

Their script is messed up. The kilograms and pounds part. It doesn't change a THING when you chose either or. The answer will be the same. For example, put in 50 for pounds, and then for kilograms, you will get the same answer.

Yes, I found it a bit dubious that brewnog could be 75 pounds (~34 kg)..

How the caffein kill you?

Knavish said:
Yes, I found it a bit dubious that brewnog could be 75 pounds (~34 kg)..

Heyy, what are you saying here?! :smile:

darkar said:
How the caffein kill you?

Convulsions or heart arrhythmias.
http://www.henryfordhealth.org/13409.cfm

Last edited by a moderator:
soda makes me more thirsty. I can't handle the sugar. when I was little my mother use to tell me cola would kill me. is it true that there's actually more caffine in tea than their is in coffee? I drink mass amounts of tea, and someone tried to tell me that there is just the same if not more caffine in tea than coffee. I still love my tea, but maybe I would sleep better if I quit it before say four in the afternoon or something.

fileen said:
soda makes me more thirsty. I can't handle the sugar. when I was little my mother use to tell me cola would kill me. is it true that there's actually more caffine in tea than their is in coffee?

Kind of. It's misleading. There's more caffeine, gram for gram, in tea leaves than in coffee beans. When made into a drink, coffee generally has quite a bit more caffeine (though it obviously depends on brew strength).

For all your caffeine info needs, http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/caffeine/caffeine_info1.shtml#2

I drink mass amounts of tea, and someone tried to tell me that there is just the same if not more caffine in tea than coffee. I still love my tea, but maybe I would sleep better if I quit it before say four in the afternoon or something.

See above.

Don't let anyone put you off tea, unless you genuinely are having problems sleeping. It's full of antioxidants, and personal experience has shown that human productivity is directly proportional to the amount of tea you've drunk!

10 cans of coke gives me the runs.

Come on ladies keep posting how many sodas will kill you.

(that way we can all find out how much you weigh :biggrin: )

I just love the buttin that says 'kill me!'.

who cares how much we weigh. it means nothing if you don't know how tall we are, or how much muscle we have.

fileen said:
who cares how much we weigh. it means nothing if you don't know how tall we are, or how much muscle we have.
or, in my case, how big one's genitalia is. :smile:

Gravenwood, one pop can with the right force will kill you if it hits you on the temple.

LOL i love the hostility. No one on these forums can ever tell when I am joking or being serious. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

beside ..fat people drink diet. I see them all the time..."I'll have 2 big Macks a Large fry and a diet coke" :yuck:

"..with extra cheese..."

1. How many sodas can I drink before it becomes dangerous?

There is no specific number of sodas that will cause harm as it varies for each person. Factors such as weight, age, and overall health play a role in how much soda a person can consume before it becomes dangerous.

2. Can drinking too many sodas lead to death?

Yes, consuming a large amount of soda can lead to death. The high sugar and caffeine content in soda can cause serious health issues such as heart problems, diabetes, and even death if consumed in excessive amounts.

3. Is diet soda safer to consume than regular soda?

Diet soda may contain less sugar and calories compared to regular soda, but it still contains artificial sweeteners and other chemicals that can be harmful to the body if consumed in large quantities. It is important to limit consumption of both diet and regular soda for overall health.

4. Is there a specific type of soda that is more dangerous than others?

All sodas, whether regular or diet, can be harmful if consumed in large quantities. However, energy drinks that contain high levels of caffeine and other stimulants can be more dangerous and should be consumed in moderation.

5. Can I offset the negative effects of soda by drinking water?

While drinking water can help with hydration and flush out some of the harmful substances in soda, it cannot completely reverse the negative effects of consuming too much soda. The best way to avoid harm from soda is to limit consumption and opt for healthier beverage options such as water, tea, or fruit-infused drinks.