Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How many times do you log onto PF each day?

1. I don't always come every day because my life is too busy for PF!

4 vote(s)
    10.3%
  2. I come to PF once per day.

2 vote(s)
    5.1%
  3. I come once per day but never log off!

5 vote(s)
    12.8%
  4. I come to PF at most three times per day.

6 vote(s)
    15.4%
  5. I come four to five times per day.

7 vote(s)
    17.9%
  6. I come more than five times per day.

15 vote(s)
    38.5%
  1. Nov 1, 2005 #1
    Tell us how often you come to PF to read and post!

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 1, 2005 #2
    About a year ago I was here at least 5 times a day. Now its once a week, or less.

4. Nov 1, 2005 #3
    Sorry, I added a poll since you posted.

5. Nov 1, 2005 #4

JamesU

Gold Member

I come about 5 times a day, just because I'm on the computer alot so I check in on franzbear :smile:

6. Nov 1, 2005 #5
    I put down three because I'm pretty much on the whole time I'm at work but usually wind up going to other sites intermitantly and log off when ever I go to lunch.

7. Nov 1, 2005 #6
    I was not sure what to put. I put 5+, but the correct response would be "too much!"

8. Nov 1, 2005 #7
    I read it in the mornings..maybe check it if I have time at lunch, same for the night time, if I'm not busy, or if there is a thread I follow.

9. Nov 1, 2005 #8

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Under what username?

10. Nov 1, 2005 #9

ranger

Gold Member

This is probably the most visited site for me.

11. Nov 1, 2005 #10

Pengwuino

Gold Member

I live here

12. Nov 1, 2005 #11
    I think he was wondering about Ivan Seeking, not nabla :smile:

13. Nov 1, 2005 #12

ranger

Gold Member

Greg may want his rent soon :biggrin:

14. Nov 1, 2005 #13
    All of them!

I agree with ranger. I visit PF probably every few hours during the day when I have access to a computer. Usually the first thing I do is click "New Posts," scroll through about 3 pages and read the ones with interesting titles. Then, I check my subscribed threads and the threads I posted to recently.

That process alone can take 30 minutes. I'm a PF-aholic. :rolleyes: Anyone else want to come forward and admit their addiction?

15. Nov 1, 2005 #14
    It depends

Sometimes is 5+ but other times its none. So I just said one. Cause its eaisrer.

16. Nov 2, 2005 #15
    I don`t log on every day but the days i do then its once and don`t log off. If I need a study break then i`ll check GD and have a giggle to myself over some of the weird things people talk about. I`m more a voyer PF`er than an actvie poster. It`s not people watching it`s people reading and yes i`m addicted to it.

17. Nov 2, 2005 #16
    This is the first time I've visited PF in days. I've been so freaking busy lately.

18. Nov 2, 2005 #17
    No excuses! You need to find more time for your relationship with PF.

19. Nov 2, 2005 #18
    Second time today. Happy?

20. Nov 2, 2005 #19
    I have a PF obsession. When I'm at a friends place and I get on their computer for a bit I always check PF. My friends get irritated with me because they aren't interested in PF at all. What's worse is that since I'm always on here I actually talk to people about the discussions I have on here because it's about the only thing I do on a regular basis.

"So I was talking to someone online about...."
    "Uh huh.. yeah anyway..."

21. Nov 2, 2005 #20

Danger

Gold Member

I log on whenever I'm at my home or boss' computer, and stay logged on until I'm leaving the building. So actually, it's either 1, 2, or 3 times per day depending upon where I go, but I'm constantly on even when not in the same room with the computer or when I go to other sites. It might well be even more now that my girl has moved into her own place and is setting up her computer.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?