How many websites do you own?

So I'm sick of working at a department store:biggrin:

$30/week is sufficient

Answers and Replies

drizzle
Gold Member
What does this have to do with owning websites? :)
Everything!... *hiccups*

:tongue:

What does this have to do with owning websites? :)
Well I kind of figured if I can make $30/week off a website or two, then I can quit my job. That'd leave me with more time to study.

Well I kind of figured if I can make $30/week off a website or two, then I can quit my job. That'd leave me with more time to study.
It's very possible, good luck!

It takes time but once you get things started you can make multiples of 30 bucks/week.
Also think of unique and useful stuff that binds visitors so they come back every time.

Rule 1 don't rush it nor underestimate the work you need to put in at first. The earnings can take a while to start.

Pythagorean
Gold Member
owned: 2
income generated: $0

phinds
Science Advisor
Insights Author
Gold Member
2019 Award
If you really think the NUMBER of websites someone owns has anything to do with income, you are well on your way to failure.

If you really think the NUMBER of websites someone owns has anything to do with income, you are well on your way to failure.
"how many websites do you own" is a lot more catchy than "how much are you making on your website"

davenn
Science Advisor
Gold Member
2019 Award
"how many websites do you own" is a lot more catchy than "how much are you making on your website"
maybe but as said ... that's NOT what brings the income
I have 2 www sites neither are income earning, they were'nt intended to be

you only need ONE GOOD online shop site to be successful

Dave

phinds
Science Advisor
Insights Author
Gold Member
2019 Award
Maybe, maybe not, but the two have nothing to do with each other so you need to decide which question you actually want answered.

I put a lot of time into making a website to host the computer games I've created this summer. I've gotten almost no visitors and have made $0. (If you want to check it out, the URL is http://clintonmorrison.com :biggrin: )

Regardless of earnings I think it is definitely fun to run a website, even if it doesn't make any money. It's definitely worth trying! I imagine it takes quite a while for it to become profitable.

Regardless of earnings I think it is definitely fun to run a website, even if it doesn't make any money. It's definitely worth trying! I imagine it takes quite a while for it to become profitable.
Rule #1 for making a successful website: don't do it for money :)

phinds
Science Advisor
Insights Author
Gold Member
2019 Award
Rule #1 for making a successful website: don't do it for money :)
Excellent advice.