How much do you earn monthly ?

• Thread starter Saint
  • Start date
In summary, your salary is not enough to get what you want. Having too much money is better than having just enough money.
Saint
I live in malaysia, I earn about 1000 USD/month (4000 ringgit).

Do you think your salary is Enough to get what you want ?

Physics news on Phys.org
The higher your paycheck the higher your expenses. Having way too much money is better than having just enough money.

Originally posted by The_Professional
The higher your paycheck the higher your expenses. Having way too much money is better than having just enough money.

You got that right! after getting a real job...my monthly pay went up by about 8 or 10 times and my expenses went up about the same..or even more...so I'm still in the same boat as I was before...i'm still a broke college student...

-Ty

Originally posted by Saint
Do you think your salary is Enough to get what you want ?
People most often adjust their living standard to make 'good' use of an increase in their income, this seems to be human nature. So long as there are more nice things to buy there will likely be an urge to buy them.

Tip;
Turn off the television, pay no attention to advertising, do not window-shop or admire a friends new toy, put a pair of horse blinders on your head to block out all peripheral distraction and focus only on that next warm bowl of food… the key to happiness awaits you.

A normal starters salary is €30,000 or $36,650.9 USD according to my newspaper this morning.. not quite what it said on my paycheck though..

It is true expenses go up when salary goes up, but that is a matter of lifestyle and can be adjusted.. buying a good used car instead of a new car for instance or going for that house that is a little cheaper, it is all about what you are satisfied with.

I didn't have a car when I was in the US, but I had to buy several Europe/US roundtrips which digs quite deep in the pocket, especially when you are so smart to travel in peak summer/christmas seasons some things are in your control, others aren't.

Originally posted by BoulderHead
People most often adjust their living standard to make 'good' use of an increase in their income, this seems to be human nature. So long as there are more nice things to buy there will likely be an urge to buy them.

Tip;
Turn off the television, pay no attention to advertising, do not window-shop or admire a friends new toy, put a pair of horse blinders on your head to block out all peripheral distraction and focus only on that next warm bowl of food… the key to happiness awaits you.

well...no new toys here...but did have to move 150 miles from my last residence (parentals!) and now have rent and utilities and food to buy so...its not always buying a new toy and adjusting your standard of living...

-Ty

Originally posted by twizted1
well...no new toys here...but did have to move 150 miles from my last residence (parentals!) and now have rent and utilities and food to buy so...its not always buying a new toy and adjusting your standard of living...

-Ty
Your point is well taken, thank you.

I work part-time and earn around £400 a month (about US $584). Because I'm part time, i don't have to pay rent/bills or anything, so yeah i can get by easily on that...as long as i save about £100 a month for University funds (or if i don't get in, a car). When it comes to the summer hols and i work full-time, i think most of my money will go to the uni fund!

I make enough to live comfortably:smile:

Originally posted by Zantra
I make enough to live comfortably:smile:

Can you specify what is a comfortable life?
Big house, big car, luxurious lifestyle ?

*naively* I could probably save a lot of money by cutting out unnecessary expenses, like food, shelter, etc. Living it hobo style, that should leave me with enough money for tuition.

Originally posted by motai
Living it hobo style, that should leave me with enough money for tuition.

That sounds about right! damn tuition keeps goin up here! and the "quality" of my school keeps going down! I think they're just wanting rid of me...yeah...thats it...its a conspiracy..maybe I should join jimmyp and co's rebellion against the likes of stephen hawking! *looks over shoulder* great now I'm going to have to start watching my back...damn conspiracy theory

-Ty

Originally posted by twizted1
That sounds about right! damn tuition keeps goin up here! and the "quality" of my school keeps going down! I think they're just wanting rid of me...yeah...thats it...its a conspiracy..maybe I should join jimmyp and co's rebellion against the likes of stephen hawking! *looks over shoulder* great now I'm going to have to start watching my back...damn conspiracy theory

-Ty

Originally posted by Saint
Can you specify what is a comfortable life?
Big house, big car, luxurious lifestyle ?

I don't have a big house, or an expensive car- I said comfortably, not luxuriously:wink: I have most things I want, and everything I need. I'm not rich-just comfortable.

Somewhere between 500/month and 10,000/month:wink:

Best month: + $15,000
Worst month: - $3000
Yearly: $5.43 [Tsunami takes the rest. ]

My overtime is a bit erratic, but about £24000 a year.

I don't pay bills and my accomadation is free (although I pay £30 a month council tax), so I buy guitars, beer and rugby shirts.

1. How is your monthly salary determined?

The amount of my monthly salary is determined by a combination of factors, including my experience, education, job responsibilities, and the industry I work in.

2. Do you receive any additional compensation or benefits?

Yes, besides my base salary, I may receive bonuses, incentives, and benefits such as health insurance, retirement plans, and paid time off.

3. Can you negotiate your monthly salary?

In most cases, yes, I can negotiate my monthly salary. However, it ultimately depends on the company's policies and the current market conditions.

4. Is there a significant difference between your monthly salary and your annual salary?

There may be a difference between my monthly and annual salary because my monthly salary is calculated based on a 12-month period, while my annual salary may include additional income or bonuses received throughout the year.

5. How does your monthly salary compare to others in your field?

My monthly salary may vary compared to others in my field, depending on factors such as my job title, experience, and company location. However, I am satisfied with my current salary and the opportunities for growth in my field.