How much gas does a goldfish excrete through farting

• Thread starter Andy
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Gas
In summary, the conversation discusses a question about the amount of gas a goldfish excretes through farting and references a philosophical essay on the topic. The speaker finds the coincidence of the question and essay to be spooky.

How Much does a goldfish fart in 1 day?

• Spirit level bubble's worth

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Enough to fill an egg cup

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Enough to fill a tea cup

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • More than a Cow

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Enough to sink a battleship

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters
Andy
As i sat pondering the many wonders of the Universe one question really struck me, and that question i believe is very valuable to the building trade and more importantly the Spirit level manufacturers. So my question is this, On average how much gas does a goldfish excrete through farting[?]

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
It's funny you should ask because
just the other day when I was
seated on the throne I was
rereading one of my favorite
essays: Philosophical Compari-
sons Between The Neobyzantine
Movement In Literature And The
Mechanisms of Digestion In The
Gastro-Enterological Systems Of
The Common Domesticated Goldfish
. What a coincidence, huh? Kind o' spooky.

-Zoobyshoe

Last edited:
Kinda Fishy one mite say.

1. How much gas does a goldfish excrete through farting?

The amount of gas that a goldfish excretes through farting varies and is difficult to measure. However, it is estimated that a goldfish produces approximately 0.01 ml of gas per 100 grams of body weight per hour. This is significantly less than other animals like cows or horses.

2. Do goldfish even fart?

Yes, goldfish do fart but it is not as noticeable as other animals. They produce gas as a byproduct of digestion and release it through their anus. However, since goldfish are small and live in water, the sound and smell of their farts are not as prominent as other animals.

3. Can goldfish fart bubbles?

No, goldfish cannot fart bubbles. Farting requires the release of gas from the anus, and since goldfish do not have the ability to control their anus muscles, they are not able to produce bubbles through farting. The bubbles you may see in a fish tank are most likely caused by other factors such as oxygen bubbles from the water filter.

4. Does the type of food affect a goldfish's farting?

Yes, the type of food a goldfish consumes can affect the amount of gas it produces through farting. Foods that are high in fiber, such as peas or spinach, can cause an increase in farting as they are more difficult for the goldfish to digest. On the other hand, processed or easily digestible foods may result in less farting.

5. Do goldfish fart more when stressed?

There is no scientific evidence to suggest that goldfish fart more when stressed. However, stress can lead to changes in a goldfish's digestive system, which may result in changes in their farting habits. It is important to provide a stress-free environment for goldfish to maintain their overall health and well-being.