Is 1*0 Truly Equal to 0 in Physical Reality?

• B
  • Thread starter Laca
  • Start date
In summary: Therefore, in summary, the conversation discussed the concept of nothing and its relationship to mathematics, particularly the axiom 1*0=0. The participants also touched on the idea of reality and the use of mathematics as a tool for description and prediction. However, the discussion was closed due to the subject matter being outside of the scope of the forum.
Laca
Could someone give an example where this axiom 1*0=0 is absolutely true?

About Nothing(0):

The null hypothesis is that nothing, zero is a physical reality based mathematical conception which we can perceive as an energy, matter, information, space, time free state. Revealing as our common physical, mathematical, philosophical origin, a physical reality based mathematical reference point. I state that in proportion to this physical reality based sense(conception) everything has some kind of mathematically expressible value. Space, time, information, energy, matter.

The hypothesis is based on the fact that space expands and time evolves which points out that our current moment is bigger than the moment before. Following this path backward on the timeline of the physical reality we arrive to the lowest possible physical state, which I perceive as a space(time), energy, matter, information-free state. 0. In proportion to this state, everything has value. Everything has mathematically expressible value. Space, time, energy, matter and information.

Mathematics news on Phys.org
Laca said:
Could someone give an example where this axiom 1*0=0 is absolutely true?
What are ##1## and ##0##, i.e. about which mathematical sets do we speak here?
They are usually the neutral elements of a multiplicative (1), resp. additive group (0). As long as there is more than one group and one written multiplicatively and the other additively, they are distinct per definition. So yes, absolutely true per construction.
About Nothing(0):

The null hypothesis is that nothing, zero is a physical reality based mathematical conception which we can perceive as an energy, matter, information, space, time free state. Revealing as our common physical, mathematical, philosophical origin, a physical reality based mathematical reference point. I state that in proportion to this physical reality based sense(conception) everything has some kind of mathematically expressible value. Space, time, information, energy, matter.
We do not debate philosophical questions here - at least not anymore. You can find a lot of existing threads to those keywords, so if you are interested I recommend to do a forum search. The term reality has a clear definition for us: Real is what is measurable. Mathematical terms cannot be measured, they are a tool for description and prediction.
The hypothesis is based on the fact that space expands and time evolves which points out that our current moment is bigger than the moment before. Following this path backward on the timeline of the physical reality we arrive to the lowest possible physical state, which I perceive as a space(time), energy, matter, information-free state. 0. In proportion to this state, everything has value. Everything has mathematically expressible value. Space, time, energy, matter and information.
I'm not quite sure what you want to say, and even less, what this has to do with mathematics.

As I mentioned above, since we do not discuss philosophical aspects of reality and existence, this thread is closed.

1. What is the value of 1*0?

The value of 1*0 is 0. When multiplying any number by 0, the result will always be 0.

2. Why is the product of 1*0 equal to 0?

This is because of the property of multiplication known as the zero property. Any number multiplied by 0 will result in 0. This can be understood through the concept of repeated addition, where adding 0 a certain number of times will always result in 0.

3. Can 1*0 ever equal a number other than 0?

No, 1*0 will always equal 0. This is a fundamental property of multiplication and cannot be changed.

4. How does the value of 1*0 compare to other multiplication equations?

1*0 is unique in that it will always equal 0, regardless of the other numbers involved in the equation. Other multiplication equations may result in different values depending on the numbers being multiplied.

5. What is the practical application of understanding 1*0?

Understanding the concept of 1*0 is important in various mathematical and scientific fields. It is used in solving equations, calculating probabilities, and understanding the behavior of numbers in different operations.