Understanding the Science Behind Farad and Its Applications

• Thread starter deda
  • Start date
In summary: What do you want me to do?First, you did not say that or ask any question in your first post.Second, it might help it you clarified this.For example, in e_0=\frac{1E-9}{36 \pi} \frac{F}{m}, what are m and F? I might be inclined to think that "m" is mass but this is supposed to be the "dielectric const of vacuum". sorrythese are units:F is Farad;m is meter;kg is kilogram;s is second;C is Coulomb;N is Newton;If you took a non
deda
This ain't no theory development but scientific facts

In "Special theory of relativity" by dr. V.Z. Belgrade 1997 it's writen:
[tex]c=\frac{1}{\sqrt{e_0m_0}}=3E8\frac{m}{s}[/tex] for the speed of the light;

In "Electro-magnetics 1" by dr. Lj.J. Skopje 1994 it's writen:
[tex]e_0=\frac{1E-9}{36 \pi} \frac{F}{m}[/tex] for dielectric const of vacuum;

[tex]m_0=4 \pi 1E-7 \frac{F}{m}[/tex] for magnetic permeability in vacuum;

=> [tex]c=3E8 \frac{m}{F}[/tex] and 1F=1s;

[tex]F_C=\frac{-kQ_1Q_2}{R^2}[/tex] - The Coulomb's law;

[tex]k=9E9\frac{Nm^2}{C^2}=\frac{1}{4\pi e_0}[/tex] for Coulomb's proportionale;

=> [tex]e_0=\frac{1E-9}{36 \pi} \frac{C^2}{Nm^2}[/tex];

=> [tex]\frac{C^2}{Nm^2}=\frac{F}{m}[/tex];

=> [tex]\frac{C^2}{Nm}=F[/tex];

=> [tex]Nms=C^2=\frac{kgm^2}{s}[/tex];

=> [tex]kgm^2=C^2s[/tex];

My question is where is the sense in that?

Physics news on Phys.org
I wish that you show me where I'm wrong.
But if I'm not...

First, you didn't say that or ask any question in your first post.

Second, it might help it you clarified this.

For example, in [tex]e_0=\frac{1E-9}{36 \pi} \frac{F}{m}[/tex], what are m and F? I might be inclined to think that "m" is mass but this is supposed to be the "dielectric const of vacuum".

sorry

these are units:
F is Farad;
m is meter;
kg is kilogram;
s is second;
C is Coulomb;
N is Newton;

If you took a non-leaky discharged capacitor and charged it for one Second at a current of one Amp and at the end of the charge period measured the voltage across the capacitor and found it to be exactly one Volt, then that capacitor would have a capacitance of one Farad.

Explanation:

A Farad is a unit of measure for capacitors.

Capacitors are a bit like tiny rechargeable batteries.

A capacitor with a capacitance of one Farad would store one Coulomb of charge when charged to a voltage of one volt.

One Coulomb of charge is the amount of charge delivered, when one Amp flows for one second.

I'm sure I read my book corectly but,
I made some search on e0 and m0.
Here is what I found:
-http://www.calculator.org/properties/electrical_permittivity.prop this one is actually in F/m (as I said)
-http://www.calculator.org/properties/magnetic_permeability.prop and this in H/m (not as I said)

So, I guess I should also aks how much is one henry too.
Make it easy for me.Tell me right away how much is
squareroot(henry times farad).

The question you need to ask is, not "how much it 1 Henry" but What are the fundamental units of a Henry.

Ok, now that you have asked the rigth question

H => Volt second/Amp

Farad => Amp Second/Volt

There was definately error in the book "Electromagnetics 1" that I recalled. I'm positive that's how it's written there. I know that profesor. I might warn him some time.

This topic is history.

gahh I am awash in a sea of units, the word Henry itself reminds me more of the King Henry's in England rather than the electric induction unit that holds its scientific name. Or it could be the orator Patrick Henry from the House of Burgesses, "Give me liberty or give me death!" Semantics playing a game with my head, and I am losing.

It was Joseph Henry, an American physicist who was (more or less) in competition with Faraday in the electromagnetism search and did fine work. He discovered reverse induction (magnetic field producing current) independently of Faraday.

this could get massy but i don't seem to mind

henry times farad = anna times jesica

blew!

1. What is Farad and how is it related to electricity?

Farad is the unit of measurement for capacitance, which is the ability of a material to store an electric charge. It is named after the English physicist Michael Faraday and is used to measure the amount of charge that can be stored in a capacitor.

2. How is Farad calculated?

Farad is calculated by dividing the amount of electric charge stored in a capacitor by the potential difference (voltage) across the capacitor. This can be expressed as F = Q/V, where F is the capacitance in Farads, Q is the charge in Coulombs, and V is the voltage in Volts.

3. What are the practical applications of Farad?

Farad is used in a variety of electronic devices, such as capacitors, batteries, and sensors. It is also important in the design and functioning of electrical circuits, as it determines the amount of charge that can be stored and the rate at which it can be discharged.

4. How does Farad relate to other units of measurement in electricity?

Farad is related to other units of measurement in electricity through the equation F = Q/V. It is the inverse of Ohm, which is the unit for electrical resistance. Farad is also related to Coulomb, the unit for electric charge, through the equation Q = CV. Additionally, Farad is used in combination with other units in equations such as power (W = QV) and energy (E = 1/2QV).

5. Are there any other units of measurement for capacitance besides Farad?

Yes, there are other units of measurement for capacitance, such as microfarad (μF), nanofarad (nF), and picofarad (pF). These units are used to measure smaller values of capacitance, and are derived from Farad using metric prefixes. For example, 1 microfarad is equal to 0.000001 Farad.