How much men And women know each other

• Thread starter Lisa!
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Women
In summary, men often have trouble understanding women, and women have trouble understanding men. Men and women both have difficulty understanding the other's thoughts and feelings. Men and women often have misunderstandings. Men often get what they want by talking and listening to women. Women often get more than they bargain for.
Lisa!
Gold Member
Sometimes I can't understand men at all and I think that's because of my lack of information about men's characteristic in general! But I notice that men even have more trouble understanding women!

Now I want to ask men how much they know women in general and vice versa!
For example what's more important for them in a friendship or relationship?
What do men/women look for in a partner?
How can you win their hearts?

(If you can't understand what I mean that's your problem! :rofl: Any dirty humorou wouldn't welcome! :devil: )

PS:I started this thread mostly because of men! I noticed that most of men around here will be a loser if they ever want to impress a woman! o:)

Physics news on Phys.org
The ideal woman

Honest, but can be a :devil: at times

Can cook as good or better than me.

Hates buying clothes, but is well dressed.

Can talk intelligently, but can talk silly

Can be quite

Can be romantic

Must love animals

Must like the country side

How did score Isla?

Must like quiet nights in

Last edited:
wolram said:
The ideal woman

Can be quite

Can be romantic

Must love animals

I meant what you think women like about men! :devil: :biggrin:

Lisa! said:
Sometimes I can't understand men at all and I think that's because of my lack of information about men's characteristic in general!

Such ignorance about basic characteristics even in our enlightened days?
I'm shocked..

arildno said:
Such ignorance about basic characteristics even in our enlightened days?
I'm shocked..
I said that because I didn't want men feel stupid!Most of time women understand men but men... :approve:

I meant what you think women like about men!

They don't, do they? :confused: How could a man ever know :confused:
if i find one that likes me i will ask her.

1. Women like to chat over a cafe latte and moan about the lack of men in their lives.
2. Umm, I guess 1. covers the essentials

Lisa! said:
I said that because I didn't want men feel stupid!Most of time women understand men but men... :approve:

I beg to differ! I am the man all my female friends come to for advice about their relationships, they are proof that women don`t understand what men are thinking! (mind you one or two of them are so stupid i don`t know how they remember to breath!)

Lisa! said:
Most of time women understand men
Now, I don't know if you were talking silly or :devil: .

arildno said:
1. Women like to chat over a cafe latte and moan about the lack of men in their lives.
2. Umm, I guess 1. covers the essentials
Correction on 2. -

Women like to chat over a cafe latte and moan about the men in their lives. :biggrin: 1 + 2 covers the essentials.

I hope everyone realizes that I am being facetious.

Last edited:
wolram said:
They don't, do they? :confused: How could a man ever know :confused:

Some of men know!
if i find one that likes me i will ask her.
Maybe taht's the reason! How can you have a good impression on awoman when you don't know what she likes! o:)

What women want? I reckon its a sensitive guy witha good sense of humour but most importantly someone that can look after her.

arildno And Astronuc, everything has its own price!:wink:

And everyone, please stop discussing about who understand the other one better.It won't help at all. Some men understand women even better than other women and vice versa!

This thread is a spiders web, the one that wins gets eaten, or has his heart
in the kitty :biggrin:

wolram said:
The ideal woman

Can be quite

Can be romantic

Must love animals

How did score Isla?

Doesn't exist, sorry to say.

Bladibla said:
Doesn't exist, sorry to say.
Only a :devil: could be like that! :biggrin:

To be honest, misunderstanding goes both ways.

In my relationships, I simply talk and listen. I ask questions. I don't guess what another person, male or female, is thinking - I ask.

I never played games.

Net result - I've been married 23+ years to same woman. I still ask questions and avoid assumptions. Presumably, my wife got what she wanted. :smile:

Actually, she got more than she bargained for. :biggrin:

Lisa! said:
Only a :devil: could be like that! :biggrin:

Nope. It is the truth. Whether it is painful truth to you or not, it matters to me not. I am used to it.

Bladibla said:
Nope. It is the truth. Whether it is painful truth to you or not, it matters to me not. I am used to it.
Used to what? :confused: I don't think there is any woman like that. And I think if a woman would be like that, she'd be like :devil: !

Astronuc said:
To be honest, misunderstanding goes both ways.

In my relationships, I simply talk and listen. I ask questions. I don't guess what another person, male or female, is thinking - I ask.

I never played games.

Net result - I've been married 23+ years to same woman. I still ask questions and avoid assumptions. Presumably, my wife got what she wanted. :smile:

Actually, she got more than she bargained for. :biggrin:

Wow, this is a good piece of advice!

Partly kidding, wolram you were joking about the ideal woman because you thought there were no such a woman ! :devil: Although all of them sound like paradoxes and it seems that no on can have these characteristic at the same time!But I think some women are like that. The only problem is that you may not be their kind of man!

wolram said:
The ideal woman

I'm always honest because I hate lying. Of course I could be a good liar, If I wanted. :grumpy: But I ca tell the truth in a way that everyone would accept that I'm right and I can get them to do what I like most of time! :rolleyes:

I usually don't cook because I think it's a waste of time! But I'm a good cook. :approve:

I hate shopping especially shoes, but everyone says I'm well dressed.Ah I have problem how to reject their requests when they ask me to go shopping with them! :grumpy:

That's me. o:)

Can be quite
You mean quiet?

Can be romantic
If I could stop laughing!

Must love animals
They're better than most of humans! :biggrin:

If it would be beautiful and full of flowers and trees!

How did score Isla?
I didn't get it! :confused:

Last edited:
half the time women don't know what women want, and that's a fact. Or if they do, they change their minds frequently. I've gotten the respose of "you should know" to a question of what they mean or what they are thinking- not from the woman I'm with now, mind you- but I've heard that frequently from women, which is crap because no one is that attuned to someone else, and if they are, they need some time apart.

simple:
someone who will challenge me but also accept me for who i am if i don't go for it. also a girl who is the equivalent of a 6' 215-220lbs muscley handsome devil who can hold a conversation on many different subjects.

what women want:
-- resources & committment of resources
-- earning potential

what men want:
-- "reproductive viability" aka youthful looks, sex, etc

^ (not what i say, it's the consensus among relationship scholars)

Lisa! said:
PS:I started this thread mostly because of men! I noticed that most of men around here will be a loser if they ever want to impress a woman! o:)

This is the main problem. I have no duty of having to impress any woman. You and all females are like standing in the highest tower of a castle, waiting a handsome man to come and rescue you. I am not going to be as ridiculous as it. On the contrary my tower is as high as all of yours. I am worth of such tower too, and I am worth of having a woman rescuing me from there. Why the hell do you wait for someone and do not run behind him when he likes you?. All women do that. I claim for iguality of sexes, so we must be equal also in this.

And I don't know whom are you referring when you mentioned the word "loser". As far as I am concerned, it would be very stupid if you dare to judge me about what would happen in that situation, because you scarcely know me. :wink:

I have noticed that most men want consistency, they are creatures of habit.
Most men don't like to be "mothered", but like the feeling of being cared for.

sex

food

sex

food

:smile:

I see all men and women as homosapiens who further create more homosapiens so that slowly the latter homosapiens create a way for all other homosapiens to escape Earth in its last days.

Not deviating from the topic, but sorry to say , I don't find women that interesting, I try to understand what interests me like physics,teachers, friends, etc.In 18 years oF my life, I have never found that women are different from men , so I need not wate time understanding them, I have more to decipher than my fellow men and women.

BJ

The first mistake anyone makes is to assume they know what someone wants based on how many X chromosomes they possess. You're bound to run into trouble if you think they can be that easily categorized and that they will all act alike and have all the same preferences. That applies for ALL people, not just women OR men.

Moonbear said:
The first mistake anyone makes is to assume they know what someone wants based on how many X chromosomes they possess. You're bound to run into trouble if you think they can be that easily categorized and that they will all act alike and have all the same preferences. That applies for ALL people, not just women OR men.
Totally agreed.
The worst insult to men and women is to try to deduce their characteristics from a superficial analogy to their respective roles in sexual intercourse:
Men: Authorative, at times pushy, eager to explore new areas, but firm enough to be trusted&relied upon not to go limp&evasive after a few seconds..
Women: Warm, soft&embracing

These are of course, the "deep truths" about MAN and WOMAN in many cultures, but to reduce their respective mentalities to a phallic mentality vs. a vaginal mentality is rather too crude, IMO.

Last edited:
Moonbear said:

bah how hard do you think it would be to have sex with the guy of your choice if you showed up at his doorstep naked, or took his hand & moved it to your crotch area? nuff said

arildno said:
Totally agreed.

Men: Authorative, at times pushy, eager to explore new areas, but firm enough to be trusted&relied upon not to go limp&evasive after a few seconds..
Women: Warm, soft&embracing
Hey, I prefer warm, soft, tender and embracing myself. :biggrin:

I don't like being authoritative or pushy. :smile:

[QUOTE by LISA]I'm always honest because I hate lying. Of course I could be a good liar, If I wanted. But I ca tell the truth in a way that everyone would accept that I'm right and I can get them to do what I like most of time![/QUOTE]

Manipulative and sly, some times but mostly good.

I usually don't cook because I think it's a waste of time! But I'm a good cook.

Lazy.

If I could stop laughing!

insinsere

They're better than most of humans!

Don't like people.

Clausius2 said:
This is the main problem. I have no duty of having to impress any woman. You and all females are like standing in the highest tower of a castle, waiting a handsome man to come and rescue you.
I am not going to be as ridiculous as it. On the contrary my tower is as high as all of yours. I am worth of such tower too, and I am worth of having a woman rescuing me from there. Why the hell do you wait for someone and do not run behind him when he likes you?. All women do that. I claim for iguality of sexes, so we must be equal also in this.
:bugeye: :bugeye: :bugeye: Are you ok? What are you talking about? I don't know what's happened to you or what kind of woman you get used to, but you can't say all women are like that. And especially you can't say anything about me because you don't know me at all! :devil:
I'm not waiting for any man who'd rescue my life, right! If I meet my kind of man and I'd be sure we could be happy with each other, I'd let him know! And if he'd think the same about me, for sure we decide to meet each other more and then maybe sth could be arranged.
Then I'm ready to do everything because of him. The only important thing is that I should make sure that he deserves my love and vice versa! I'm looking for someone whom I can spend aloy of years with him (perhaps the rest of my life) not only for 1 year, 2 years...
I had some opportunity to date some handsome and rich guys. I've just reject them because they weren't as intelligent as I wanted. For no better reason that they wanted to play the role of the rescuer in my life! :yuck: I usually don't like to talk about my private life but I just wanted to tell you you weren't right!

Some of you men standing on your high tower and put a mirror in front of you and just see yourself. You expect women to come to your way! They may come but I want to know How you want to see them when you don't see what's going on around you! :confused:

Why the hell you wait for someone and do not run behind him when he likes you?
Could you please explain more?

And I don't know whom are you referring when you mentioned the word "loser". As far as I am concerned, it would be very stupid if you dare to judge me about what would happen in that situation, because you scarcely know me. :wink:
:rofl: :rofl: It was kind of advertisment for the thread! And I'm sure you didn't take it serious as well because you must be so egotistical to think I was referring to you! :biggrin: How the hell could I know any of you when I'm here only for 3 monthes?! :bugeye: It even takes so long to know people whom we meet everyday and talk to them face to face!

Manipulative and sly, some times but mostly good.

Lazy.

insinsere

Don't like people.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I'm not lazy. I prefer to spend my time doing other things like studying. You know I don't like eating alot!

Lisa!: One way to "know guys" is to know first what you are looking for. General descriptions don't work too well, because males have many different things that they consider attractive in a girl. It sounds like you're trying to find a guy who will understand you, so that you don't have to question his intentions. In short, you don't ever want to question what he wants, because you already would know in the first place (or if you're unsure you can ask). This is, to me, a good way to approach things.

How does this work then? Find a guy who has the same worldview as you. Someone who can see the things not necessarily in the same way as you do, but in a similar way that is easy to understand. I'm not trying to say that you should date a male version of yourself in every respect, but some commonality will go a long ways (ie you have to get along with the other person if anything is going to ever work out, obviously).

In this manner, you don't have to figure out what he wants. He wants what you want. Therefore no doubting situations will occur. It is mutual.

Lisa! said:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I'm not lazy. I prefer to spend my time doing other things like studying. You know I don't like eating alot!

Things are on the up and up, easy to clothe and feed, don't like people,
likes the country side," with flowers and trees," likes animals. bit of a
book worm. :rolleyes:

So, how about, a walk over the fields, i will bring a lump of bread and cheese
and you can bring a book. :devil: :biggrin: